|Handsome Jack Here!|
|Given By||ECHO Recorder|
|Rewards||80 XP, $63, Pistol|
|True Vault Hunter Mode|
|Rewards||5184 XP, $2,375, Pistol|
|Mission Type||Optional Mission|
- Find audio log.
- Find next audio log.
- Find final audio log.
While fighting enemies outside Liar's Berg, usually bandits, an ECHO audio log will drop. Picking up the first log will play its message. At this point, Sir Hammerlock will make contact and offer payment for locating the remaining audio logs.
The general location of each remaining log will be pinpointed on the map, but they are not out in the open. One is in a bullymong pile on a building's roof, one in a dumpster with a padlock that needs to be broken, and one in a storage space covered by sheet metal.
Listening to the tapes will reveal that Helena Pierce and some New Haven refugees were murdered by Handsome Jack after Hyperion forces boarded her train. Return to Hammerlock, who will offer a mournful note on the news and then pay up.
- "Helena Pierce never reached Sanctuary."
- Helena Pierce: "We've hijacked the train that runs through The Dust. If all goes well, we should get to Sanctuary in a day's time. Hyperion hasn't diverted any troops from New Haven to pursue us, and a sandstorm has devoured their nearest frontier town. We just need - oh, damnit - everyone! Get away from the windows!"
- Handsome Jack: "Hey, everybody! How are ya? Jack here!"
Wilhelm: "NOBODY MOVE."
Helena Pierce: "What is the meaning of this?"
Handsome Jack: "I'm sorry, what was your name?"
Helena Pierce: "Pierce."
Handsome Jack: "Well, Ms. Pierce - and please don't tell me it's 'Mrs. Pierce' and break my heart - this train doesn't belong to you. So why don't you turn around and face me, pumpkin?"
Helena Pierce: "This train was commandeered legally under the -"
Handsome Jack: "Holy nutballs! What happened to your frickin' face?!"
- Handsome Jack: "Oh yeah? How about this - lady? - I don't even know what to call you: you tell me why you look like you headbutted a belt sander, and I'll let all of you go right now."
Helena Pierce: "My husband gave me a skag pearl ring. The pearl released hunger-inducing pheromones."
Handsome Jack: "Oh. You know what? I am so sorry. I - I just... Forgive me. Where's your husband now?"
Helena Pierce: "He's dead."
Handsome Jack: "That is a heartbreaker, but...[gunshot, followed by death scream] you got something in common with him now at least!"
- Handsome Jack: "Hohohoho... holy crap! Did you see her head? It was like - PBBLLT! Wilhelm? Kill these savages."
[gunshots, followed by screams]
- Mission Item: ECHO Recorder - "An audio log belonging to Helena Pierce, former administrator of New Haven.