"Life can never seem so real as when it faces extinction"
|Game||Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt|
|Special Part(s): |
|[Hawk Eye Variants]|
The Hawk Eye is a Seraph sniper rifle manufactured by Jakobs. The Hawk Eye can only be obtained as a rare drop from Voracidous the Invincible or Dexiduous the Invincible in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, or from the Seraph Vendor in Hunter's Grotto in True Vault Hunter Mode and Normal.
Special Weapon Effects
Eye certain. Finger Lightning. Aim Death. – Extremely high critical hit damage, high accuracy, reduced weapon zoom and lowered overall damage output.
Usage & Description
Due to the Hawk Eye's extreme critical hit damage output, it makes for an effective "one shot, one kill" weapon. It should only be used in long range combat unless the user is particularly skilled with snipers in general or can slow their target down enough to get a clear shot, as it is completely unexceptional when not scoring a critical hit.
This weapon can be very effective for Zer0, as he can make use of the Sniping Tree and Decepti0n to position oneself around a target before quickly lining up the shot, without being downed by the slow speed required to aim the shot; while the Sniping tree adds extra bullet damage and critical hit damage that helps gaurantee the "One Shot, One Kill" that the Hawkeye is designed to deliver.
- The Hawk Eye can also be obtained from Hunter's Grotto seraph vendor for 120 crystals on Normal Mode and True Vault Hunter Mode.
- The Hawk Eye has among the highest damage potential for sniper rifles in Borderlands 2, albeit only when scoring a critical hit. This makes it an excellent weapon for Zer0, who can improve its low zoom and base damage, and further augment its high accuracy and critical hit damage.
- Because of the Hawk Eye's zoom and critical hit capabilities, this rifle is very useful on slow-moving enemies such as Loaders. A player will often be able to destroy them in one critical hit from this weapon, making it extremely useful.
- The low zoom on the Hawk Eye tends to make it more useful at medium range than most other sniper rifles, which also aids in being able to see and hit smaller critical hit areas on enemies. If using the Hawk Eye at medium range, consider trying to find one with a Vladof scope for minimal zoom.
- The name and red flavor text are references to The Deerslayer, a novel by James Fenimore Cooper. The line is: "eye sartain -finger lightning - aim, death- great warrior soon. No Deerslayer - Hawkeye -Hawkeye - Hawkeye. Shake hand."