"Life can never seem so real as when it faces extinction"
|Game||Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt|
|Special Part(s): |
|[Hawk Eye Variants]|
The Hawk Eye is a Seraph sniper rifle manufactured by Jakobs. The Hawk Eye can only be obtained from trading with the Seraph Vendor in Hunter's Grotto or as a rare drop from Voracidous the Invincible.
Special Weapon Effects
Eye certain. Finger Lightning. Aim Death. – Extremely high critical hit damage, high accuracy, and lowered overall damage output.
Usage & Description
Due to the Hawk Eye's extreme critical hit damage output, the Hawk Eye makes an effective "one shot, one kill" weapon and should only be used in long range combat unless the user is particularly skilled with snipers in general or can slow their target down enough to get a clear shot.
- If wielded by a Zer0 built using the Sniping skill tree, the critical hit damage can reach up to and above 2.5 million on a critical hit. This is one of the highest critical hit sniper rifles in Borderlands 2, and coupled with the reasonably high fire rate this sniper rifle has massive potential.
- It is also amplified by Zer0's skill, 0ne Sh0t 0ne Kill, boosting the first shot from the magazine to do even more critical hit damage.
- Because of the Hawk Eye's zoom and critical hit capabilities, this rifle is very useful on slow-moving enemies such as Loaders. A player will often be able to destroy them in one critical hit from this weapon, making it extremely useful.
- The ability to kill enemies with one critical hit makes this a strong choice with No Kill Like Overkill to set up a very powerful second shot.
- The "Tumtum" prefix of this gun only gives an extra +20% bonus to critical damage instead of the usual +120%.
- The Hawk Eye's special abilities are noticeably equal to what the Bessie did in Borderlands. However, rather than lowering base damage, the Bessie sported above-average damage in addition to the massive critical boost.
- The name and red flavor text are references to The Deerslayer, a novel by James Fenimore Cooper.
- This is the only weapon in Borderlands 2 that shows zoom on the item card.