I just want to start a flame in your heart
|Mission Reward:||Safe and Sound|
|Special Part(s): |
|[Heart Breaker Variants]|
Special Weapon Effects
I don't want to set the world on fire... – Increased projectile count, fire rate, +50% critical hit damage boost, and always incendiary. Decreased damage and magazine size. Cannot spawn with a sight. Shoots in heart shaped pattern. Any inflicted damage returns health to the wielder (2% of damage).
Usage & Description
The Heart Breaker features a high projectile count to ammo cost ratio amongst shotguns, firing 10 pellets (12 with the foregrip) for only one ammo per shot; combined with its predictable spread pattern and critical hit damage boost give it a notable damage output for a unique weapon. As a Miss Moxxi weapon, it will heal the user by a portion of the damage dealt.
Unlike other Hyperion shotguns, the fixed heart-shaped spread pattern does not become more accurate under prolonged fire, although it still gains the gradual recoil reduction. Its ability to heal the user whilst dealing damage makes it well suited for characters that frequently sustain high damage in close-range combat.
- The Heart Breaker has a standard critical damage boost (provided by its unique barrel) of +50% but it could spawn with a critical accessory, which would make for a 100% critical hit damage bonus, effectively making double damage for all critical hits, making this weapon even more devastating.
- A SHiFT code for Valentines Day on February 14, 2013, unlocked new pink skins for each character, and placed a version of Miss Moxxi's Heart Breaker in the inventory of the first character to be loaded after the code was redeemed. This weapon was of the same level as the character that gained it. This code was re-released for Valentine's Day 2014.
- The weapon's full title in the game files is "Miss Moxxi's Heart Breaker;" however, "Miss Moxxi's" is treated as a prefix by the game engine and can be replaced with other prefixes.
- The weapon's flavor text is a reference to The Ink Spots' 1941 song, "I Don't Want To Set the World On Fire", made famous to gamers by its inclusion in Fallout 3 by Bethesda Softworks.
- In Russian localization flavor text was replaced by words from chorus of the song "Heart" (rus. "Сердце") which was performed for first time in a 1934 Soviet musical film "Jolly Fellows".