The HellFire is a legendary submachine gun manufactured by Maliwan. The Hellfire can be obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has a higher chance to drop from Scorch located in Frostburn Canyon and The Raid on Digistruct Peak and Sully the Blacksmith.
Special Weapon Effects
We don't need no fire... – Increased chance to ignite, increased damage over time, increased mag size, and 50% splash damage. The Hellfire always spawns as an incendiary weapon.
Usage & Description
While the HellFire does have excellent damage-per-shot compared to other SMGs in Borderlands 2, its true strength lies in the elemental damage. The HellFire's combination of high fire rate, chance to ignite and burn damage per second makes it an excellent weapon for dealing damage over time.
The common varieties of bandits, and other fleshy enemies will fall quickly to the sheer amount of burn damage the user can inflict on targets in a short period of time. The HellFire is powerful enough to let even badass enemies behind cover simply burn to death if the user tagged them a couple times before they got there.
The HellFire excels at medium range, against single targets or many. It would be wise, however, to stack as much fire damage onto a single target as possible, and then let the burn damage finish the job.
- Krieg can make exceptional use of the HellFire, as he has many skills in the Hellborn tree that can further increase the effectiveness of the weapon. Its high fire rate and chance to ignite also gives Krieg more chances to set himself on fire to get even more use out of his skills.
- The burning status effect will occasionally only inflict a single point of damage per tick.
- A SHiFT code that grants a single Guileless HellFire is included in the Diamond Plate Loot Chest. The caption on the item card reads "'Stop, drop and roll' won't help you here."
- The weapon is based on a popular incendiary SMG from Borderlands, also named Hellfire.
- The red text is a tribute to the song "The Roof is on Fire" by Rock master Scott & The Dynamic Three We Don't Need No Water.
- The HellFire is obtainable in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, though only from a loot source or the Grinder. It is unknown if any specific enemy has the ability to drop this gun.