StubThis article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
- "Patricia Tannis, the antisocial archaeologist, has two habits. Firstly, she records every detail of her various psychoses into audio journals. Secondly, she hides those audio journals out of paranoid terror. She has hidden a set of journal entries in The Highlands and needs you to retrieve them for her."
- Pick up Tannis's ECHOs: 0/4
One ECHO is in a room blocked by electricity at a Hyperion base known as Aggregate Acquisition. A cable above the room leads to the breaker on the side of a tower, and the whole area is heavily patrolled by loaders. Shooting the breaker switches off the electricity. Aggregate Acquisition is also visited during the mission The Overlooked: This is Only a Test.
Another ECHO is located under Blake Bridge. There are stairs leading underneath to a precarious jump from one beam to another to reach an isolated room. While falling from the beam is not hazardous in itself, there are threshers in the sand below. The ECHO also happens to be physically close to some lootable objects on the other side of the wall, so sometimes it may be sucked through the wall if the loot is collected by group pick up before any attempt is made to collect it directly.
The journal at Old Cranky's Pond presents a two-fold problem. Aside from some light skirmishing through a few minor loaders and stalkers to reach the pond, the ECHO is in a dinghy under the guns of a boundary turret, and is also protected by a Badass Pyre Thresher. The perimeter warning will be triggered some distance from the ECHO, but it is within reach and can be retrieved safely. The thresher, on the other hand, is a deadly surprise encounter for exposed Vault Hunters. There is limited cover at the shack, but also an ideal sniping position at the entrance to the pond where a piece of fence stands next to the rock wall.
- "You listened to my notes, I assume? I would be upset, were it not for the equally privacy-indifferent background check I ran on you before hiring you for this job."
- "You retrieved Tannis's journals, learning quite a bit about nosebleeds in the process."
Turn In: Patricia Tannis
- An echo can become stuck in the container when the back door fails to open. The work around is to save and exit the game.
- Mission Item: Hidden Journals - "Wherein Tannis recounts her first few weeks in Sanctuary."
- It is possible to get a vehicle into Old Cranky's Pond by going through the rocks by the waterfall. Doing so will affect the battle with the badass in the pond; it will only come out once a Vault Hunter exits the car.