StubThis article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
|Given By||Patricia Tannis|
|Rewards||2611 XP, 4 eridium|
|True Vault Hunter Mode|
|Rewards||13,144 XP, 4 eriidum|
|Mission Type||Optional mission|
- "Patricia Tannis, the antisocial archaeologist, has two habits. Firstly, she records every detail of her various psychoses into audio journals. Secondly, she hides those audio journals out of paranoid terror. She has hidden a set of journal entries in The Highlands and needs you to retrieve them for her."
- Pick up Tannis's ECHOs: 0/4
One ECHO is in a room blocked by electricity at a Hyperion base known as Aggregate Acquisition. A cable above the room leads to the breaker on the side of a tower, and the whole area is heavily patrolled by loaders. Shooting the breaker switches off the electricity. Aggregate Acquisition is also visited during the mission The Overlooked: This is Only a Test.
Another ECHO is located under Blake Bridge. There are stairs leading underneath to a precarious jump from one beam to another to reach an isolated room. While falling from the beam is not hazardous in itself, there are threshers in the sand below. The ECHO also happens to be physically close to some lootable objects on the other side of the wall, so sometimes it may be sucked through the wall if the loot is collected by group pick up before any attempt is made to collect it directly.
The journal at Old Cranky's Pond presents a two-fold problem. Aside from some light skirmishing through a few minor loaders and stalkers to reach the pond, the ECHO is in a dinghy under the guns of a boundary turret, and is also protected by a Badass Pyre Thresher. The perimeter warning will be triggered some distance from the ECHO, but it is within reach and can be retrieved safely. The thresher, on the other hand, is a deadly surprise encounter for exposed Vault Hunters. There is limited cover at the shack, but also an ideal sniping position at the entrance to the pond where a piece of fence stands next to the rock wall.
- "You listened to my notes, I assume? I would be upset, were it not for the equally privacy-indifferent background check I ran on you before hiring you for this job."
- "You retrieved Tannis's journals, learning quite a bit about nosebleeds in the process."
Turn In: Patricia Tannis
Dr. Patricia Tannis: "I am going to die. Roland forcibly relocated me to Sanctuary for what he claimed was my safety, but the slack jaws who populate this city make my flesh scream. A young woman said "hello" to my today. I stared back at her, my mind screeching as I looked for a way to escape this unwanted interaction. As my face grew red with nauseous stress, a blood vessel popped in my nose, and a jet of crimson shot out of my nostrils, splattering us both with blood. She screamed and ran away. As pleased as at the time, I fear causing fountains of blood to shoot from my face will not be a viable long-term strategy for avoiding conversation."
"The same questions occurred to me today, as I was pinning a disemboweled skag to my front door to dissuade others from approaching it. What does Jack want with the Vault Key? Was the key simply charging the entire time I possessed it, before Jack crowbarred it from my bloody hands? Was it waiting to unleash its alien powers on Pandora, to make Eridium appear from the very ground? Was it preparing itself to unlock even more alien ruins? I will delve deeper into this question after I soundproof the walls of my home, that I may be spared the incessant laughter and joviality of Sanctuary's citizens."
"I have uncovered legends of an ancient alien warrior. The legends tell of a magical key that can bring it back to life. If my hypotheses are correct - which they always are - the legends may be speaking of the Vault Key. Also, a young man told me I was pretty on the way back from the grocer's. My reaction was surprisingly tame - I only spent the next three hours dry-heaving into a bucket."
"Yesterday, I had a conversation with another human being. Granted, it was only a conversation inasmuch as my grunts of social terror could be taken as human speech, but Roland did not seem to mind. He asked me why Jack hasn't revived the Warrior yet, if he has the key. I conveyed that the key needed to be charged by Eridium - hence Jack's mining operations. He nodded, and silently wiped the streams of my saliva from his face. I returned home, confused not only at his lack of disgust toward my behavior, but my lack of disgust toward him. For the first time, I felt as if I could actually live in Sanctuary. For the first time, I feel as if... I might be okay."
- An echo can become stuck in the container when the back door fails to open. The work around is to save and exit the game.
- Mission Item: Hidden Journals - "Wherein Tannis recounts her first few weeks in Sanctuary."
- It is possible to get a vehicle into Old Cranky's Pond by going through the rocks by the waterfall. Doing so will affect the battle with the badass in the pond; it will only come out once a Vault Hunter exits the car.