"OH, NO! NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES! AAAAAHHHHH!"
|Special Part(s): |
Special Weapon Effect
full of bees. – After firing, the hive rocket will stick to the first object it hits; if it doesn't hit anything, it will travel a certain distance before stopping in mid-air. It will then begin to spin and release small homing corrosive rockets at a rate of about 2 rockets per second for approximately 7 seconds. After this effect ends the main rocket will explode.
Usage & Description
The Hive is best used against multiple armored enemies. Typically, it should be shot onto the ground or ceiling; the homing rockets will always be released horizontally, so if it is fired onto a wall, about half of the rockets will immediately hit the wall and be wasted.
- The Hive has a very similar skin to the Dahl Hornet. Both weapons are always corrosive, may shoot multiple projectiles per pull of the trigger, and their names reference the Vespidae family of insects.
- The Hive has the slowest reload speed of all weapons in Borderlands 2. It is also the only rocket launcher that uses four ammo per shot.
- The Hive can be very powerful when paired with a Bee shield, due to the card only showing one rocket, each child rocket gains the full Amp bonus.
- The term, "Full of bees," is a euphemism for someone full of energy, generally in a negative or aggressive sense.
- The Hive was dropped by Donkey Mong on October 28, 2013 as part of the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt event (Week 3, Day 3). A hotfix on that day increased the reload speed and elemental effect chance on the Hive and all other Maliwan rocket launchers.