"Tastes like honeycomb."
|Special Part(s): |
|[Hornet (Borderlands 2) Variants]|
The Hornet is a legendary pistol manufactured by Dahl. Hornet is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Knuckle Dragger located in Windshear Waste. It also has an increased chance to drop from Hyperius the Invincible in Washburne Refinery.
Special Weapon Effects
Fear the Swarm! – Always corrosive. When zoomed fires a 6-round burst fire with high Elemental Effect, each shot produces a small explosion.
- The Hornet can spawn with the "twin" prefix making it shoot two bullets at once at the cost of two bullets per shot, giving it a 12-shot burst rather than having to make two 6-shot bursts.
- Because of its guaranteed corrosive effect, the Hornet is very useful for playing through areas with armoured opponents.
- Because Knuckle Dragger is first fought at level 1, it is possible to acquire a level 0-1 Hornet, in early gameplay.
- The Hornet has a very similar skin to the Maliwan Hive. Both weapons are always corrosive, may shoot multiple projectiles per pull of the trigger, and their names refer to the Vespidae family of insects.
- The Hornet makes its return from Borderlands.
- The Hornet was dropped by Boom Bewm during Day 2 of the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt. The Hornet was also upgraded to shoot 6 shots when zoomed in and makes a larger explosion on impact (a change which was made permanent in Patch 1.8 released February 11, 2014). It also received increased stability and a larger magazine size on Day 1 of the Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt.