Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Hyperion 'Super-Bad' Soldier moves around at a slow walking pace and carries a shield to help protect him. He will rely on his own fortitude, granted by his shield and several armoured plates strapped to his body, and does not seek cover. He will also periodically drop his shield low when reloading, potentially offering a brief opening for enemy gunfire.
Hits to the Hyperion 'Super-Bad' Soldier's shield or armour will not yield any damage, although shield hits will force the shield wide and may temporarily open him up to further torso hits. Shooting at his head will yield critical hits and avoid his formidable armour.
- The Hyperion 'Super-Bad' Soldier is a surprise encounter at the end of the mission, Are You From These Parts?. He only spawns during that mission.
- Although he stands guard over the final objective he does not need to be killed to complete the mission.
- Like most armored opponents, he is weak against corrosive weapons.
- Halt! Put down your weapons. Hyperion Corporation does not wish to harm them. - from his cutscene
- Another one bites the dust!
- Come back here and take what's coming to you! I'll bite your legs off!
- Good, now I can feel some pain.
- Hit me with that again.
- Hyperion Corporation regrets any grief or suffering your death may cause.
- Hyperion Corporation values your input. Does this hurt?
- Oh, oh, I see! Running away, eh? You yellow bastard.
- Please don't let this incident affect your buying decisions.
- Stand down! I have superior training and tech.
- Stand down, the customer is not always right.
- That was some special pain.
- That was the best battle I've had in years. Thank you.
- Well you asked for it.
- You are no match for Hyperion technology.
- You're obviously not using a Hyperion weapon.
- POW! Right in the kisser!
- Pain is my ally.
- Hurts so good.
- Mission failed, Pandora doomed, Pain is amazing. -when killed
- The quotes "Oh, oh, I see! Running away, eh? You yellow bastard!" and "Come back here and take what's coming to you! I'll bite your legs off!" are a reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail, specifically the scene involving the Black Knight.
- The line "Well you asked for it" may also be a reference to the aforementioned scene, as it is what King Arthur says when he takes off one of the legs of the Knight