The Hyperion Heavy Gunner is a slow-moving unit that fights with SMGs, or combat rifles and can throw grenades. They can also deploy a yellow-shielded Scorpio Turret. Heavy Gunners wear leg and forearm armor plating.
Hyperion Heavy Gunners move slowly and are easily outmanoeuvred as a result. They do not run for cover, seeking instead to drop their turret and use that for cover while they fight. Typically, the easiest way to deal with a Heavy Gunner, when the Gunner's turret is deployed, is to interrupt the turret's line of sight. In close quarters this can simply mean jumping over the turret, or moving around the side, to the turret's rear where it cannot attack. In areas where cover is plentiful, moving into locations where obstructions block the turret, but allow targeting on the Heavy Gunner. As the turret will disappear when its Gunner has been killed, it is advisable to first eliminate the Gunner when under extreme duress, although the turret itself may also be destroyed first for additional experience points. Corrosive weaponry is highly effective against Heavy Gunners.
- Sighting an enemy
- "Hyperion troops attack!"
- "Hands on your head!"
- "On my mark! - sighting an enemy
- "You're no match for Hyperion technology!"
- "On your knees!"
- "Drop the weapon!"
- "One step closer and you will be shot!"
- "Hyperion soldiers. Engage the enemy!"
- "Hyperion thanks you for your undying cooperation."
- "In your face!"
- "Thats gotta hurt!"
- "Hyperion Corporation values your input. Does this hurt?"
- "Stand down! I have superior training and tech!"
- "Hyperion Corporation regrets any grief or suffering your death may cause."
- "You will comply!"
- "Please don't let this... "incident"... affect your buying decisions."
- Sighting a grenade
- "You made me bleed my own blood."
- "Do you really want to hurt me?"
- "I'm...I'm hurt bad!"
- "I'm bleeding!"
- "I die for Hyperion!"
- "The academy didn't train me for this part."
- "I wasn't all that I could be."
- The name of a Hyperion Heavy Gunner varies with each difficulty level:
- Playthrough 1: Hyperion Heavy Gunner
- Playthrough 2: Hyperion Grenadier
- Playthrough complete: Hyperion Grenadier
- The quote "You made me bleed my own blood." is a reference to The Simpsons where Bart hits Nelson and Nelson says, "You made me bleed my own blood."
- The quote: "I wasn't all I could be." is a reference to the slogan "Be all that you can be." used by the United States Army for its recruitment campaigns.
- The quote "Thank you! May I have another?" is a reference to the movie National Lampoon's Animal House.