|Element:||Shock ×3 – ×4|
|Damage:||221 – 383|
|Accuracy:||91.8 – 95.7|
|Fire Rate:||2.6 – 5.5|
|Magazine Capacity:||12 – 18|
Examples are on the talk page.
Special Weapon Effects
There is no escape – Shock 3x / x4, procs adds additional corrosive projectiles, fixed pattern.
Usage & Description
Due to its special effect, it is possible for the Nemesis to fire up to 5 projectiles per pull of the trigger (or 10 with the Gun Crazy skill of the Hunter), making it a very powerful weapon. The shock & corrosive combo is reminiscent of the special effect of the Maliwan Tsunami. However, the Tsunami will only proc one element per shot, and its tech pool appears to run dry much faster than the Nemesis.
If a Nemesis spawns with an Invader scope (which unloads the entire magazine when scoped), it becomes several times more dangerous. The high accuracy (center projectile only, sides will miss at long ranges) of the Hyperion material, combined with a high fire rate of the scope, the multiple projectiles fired, and the fast reload speed of repeaters, make this one of the most dangerous weapons on Pandora.
Optimizing for Maximum Effectiveness
If used with a Gunslinger COM and invested into Hair Trigger, a zoomed Nemesis Invader could theoretically, albeit unlikely, land up to 230 rounds(23 rounds per mag x 5 projectiles per proc x 2 times the projectiles fired) within 2–3 seconds.
- Unlike other repeaters which proc only as x2 (the Maliwan Firehawk being the other exception), the Nemesis can proc anywhere from x1 to the gun's actual multiplier, i.e. x3 or x4. The number of corrosive projectiles which accompany the main shock bullet is the multiplier which triggered during that shot, i.e. anywhere from 1 to 4 projectiles for x1 to x4 procs respectively.
- x1 - One at the bottom
- x2 - Two at the sides
- x3 - Two at the sides, one at the bottom
- x4 - Two at the sides, one each at the bottom and top
- The centre projectile is always shock when it procs whereas the additional projectiles (top, bottom and sides) are always corrosive.
- The additional corrosive projectiles appears to apply the weapon's listed damage.
- The diamond pattern is similar to that of the S&S Orion, but the Orion always procs maximum.
- The spread of the diamond pattern are at a fixed angle, similar to a patterned shotgun's pellets, thus this weapon is more effective in short- to mid- range.
- The name Nemesis, combined with the flavor text of the gun, may be a reference to the boss monster Nemesis from the game Resident Evil 3.
- The name Nemesis may be a reference to the mythological ancient Greek spirit of divine retribution whose name means "goddess of revenge". Nemesis is known throughout history by many iterations, one of which is Adrasteia, which translates to "one from whom there is no escape".
- This weapon is a possible reference to one of the same name found in Cave Story; Both fire similar diamond-shaped projectiles, as well as both being handguns.
The Nemesis effect comes from the acc5_Shock_HyperionNemesis accessory. Apart from the unique behaviour, this accessory provides increased damage, increased accuracy, and higher chances to proc. The Nemesis is made of HyperionNemesis_Material, which is equivalent to Material_Hyperion_3. For an explanation on how to interpret the information on the following table, please see the stat modifiers page.
|Accuracy Minimum: -40%|
Tech Level: +12
Tech Level: +6