|Faction||Hyperion recon team|
|Appearances||Claptrap's New Robot Revolution|
The Hyperion Soldier is a member of the Hyperion recon team.
The Hyperion Soldier is a highly mobile unit who seeks cover when attacked and fights with SMGs, Machine Guns, or Assault Rifles and can throw grenades. Hyperion Soldiers wear leg and forearm armor, like Hyperion Heavy Gunners, with the addition of shoulder plates. Hyperion Soldiers can appear wearing either a balaclava or a helmet that resembles a gas mask while all Hyperion Guards wear the helmet.
Tactically, Hyperion Soldiers will seek cover once they sustain heavy fire. They will often run to low obstructions and will use these for cover while fighting, and crouch behind them when they need to reload. Soldiers wear armor plating that makes them immune to arm and upper leg shots. As with many armored units, corrosive weaponry is highly effective against Soldiers.
- Playthrough 1: Soldier
- Playthrough 2: Sergeant
- Playthrough 2.5: Lieutenant
The Hyperion recon team soon falls victim to the Robot Revolution and becomes claptrapped to swell the ranks of the rebel Claptrap army. "-Trapped" soldiers act exactly the same as their normal counterparts but their appearance will differ slightly. Soldier-traps wear the "claptrapped" headgear of an assimilated human and have one eye replaced or augmented by a Claptrap-type red reticle. Claptrapped Hyperion Soldiers may be found in Sanders Gorge, the Dividing Faults, and the Hyperion Dump (upon returning to the dump after the Hyperion 'Super-Bad' Soldier is killed).
- Playthrough 1: Soldier-Trap
- Playthrough 2: Sergeant-Trap
- Playthrough 2.5: Lieutenant-Trap
- Hyperion troops attack! - sighting an enemy
- Hands on your head! - sighting an enemy
- On my mark! - sighting an enemy
- You're no match for Hyperion technology! - sighting an enemy
- On your knees! - sighting an enemy
- Drop the weapon! - sighting an enemy
- One step closer and you will be shot! - sighting an enemy
- Hyperion soldiers. Engage the enemy! - sighting an enemy
- Hyperion thanks you for your undying cooperation. - sighting an enemy
- In your face! - attacking
- Thats gotta hurt! - attacking
- Hyperion Corporation values your input. Does this hurt? - sighting an enemy - attacking
- Stand down! I have superior training and tech! - attacking
- Hyperion Corporation regrets any grief or suffering your death may cause. - attacking
- You will comply! - attacking
- Please don't let this... "incident"... affect your buying decisions. - attacking
- I feel your pain! And mine! - attacking*
- You made me bleed my own blood. - wounded
- Ahhh! - wounded
- Argh! - wounded
- Do you really want to hurt me? - wounded
- I'm...I'm hurt bad! - wounded
- I'm bleeding! - wounded
- Medic! - wounded
- That was some special pain! - wounded*
- Hit me with that again! - wounded*
- Ooh! Yes! - wounded*
- Is that the best you can do? - wounded*
- Feels good. - wounded*
- Good, now I can feel some pain - wounded*
- Hit me again...harder. - wounded*
- I like it! - wounded*
- Nice shot! - wounded*
- Oh! Feels good! - wounded*
- Oh yeah! - wounded*
- Pain is my friend! - wounded*
- Pain is my ally. - wounded*
- Thank you! May I have another? - wounded*
- Incoming! - sighting a grenade
- Grenade! - sighting a grenade
- I die for Hyperion! - upon dying
- The academy didn't train me for this part. - upon dying
- I wasn't all that I could be. - upon dying
- This...uh...is the end? - upon dying*
* Soldier-Traps only
- The quote "You made me bleed my own blood." is a reference to The Simpsons where Bart hits Nelson and Nelson says "You made me bleed my own blood."
- The quote: "I wasn't all I could be." is a reference to the slogan "Be all that you can be." used by the United States Army for its recruitment campaigns.
- The quote Thank you! May I have another? is a reference to the movie National Lampoon's Animal House.
- The quote Stand down! I have superior training and tech! is a reference to the Brotherhood of Steel from Fallout 3, who when engaging enemies will sometimes yell "You are facing superior weapons and training, submit!"