Hyperion Soldier-Traps are enemies in Claptrap's New Robot Revolution
The Hyperion recon team soon falls victim to the Robot Revolution and becomes claptrapped to swell the ranks of the rebel Claptrap army. "-Trapped" soldiers act exactly the same as their normal counterparts but their appearance will differ slightly. Soldier-traps wear the "claptrapped" headgear of an assimilated human and have one eye replaced or augmented by a claptrap optic sensor. Claptrapped Hyperion Soldiers may be found in Sanders Gorge, the Dividing Faults, and the Hyperion Dump (upon returning to the dump after the Hyperion 'Super-Bad' Soldier is killed).
Tactically, Hyperion Soldier-Traps will seek cover once they sustain heavy fire. They will often run to low obstructions and will use these for cover while fighting, and crouch behind them when they need to reload. Soldier-Traps wear armor plating that makes them immune to arm and upper leg shots. Corrosive weaponry is highly effective against Soldier-Traps.
- "I feel your pain! And mine!"
- "That was some special pain!"
- "Hit me with that again!"
- "Ooh! Yes!" - wounded
- "Is that the best you can do?"
- "Feels good."
- "Good, now I can feel some pain."
- "Hit me again...harder."
- "I like it!"
- "Nice shot!"
- "Oh! Feels good!"
- "Oh yeah!"
- "Pain is my friend!"
- "Pain is my ally."
- "Thank you! May I have another?"
- "This...uh...is the end?"
- A Soldier-Trap's name varies by difficulty level:
- Playthrough 1: Soldier-Trap
- Playthrough 2: Sergeant-Trap
- Playthrough 2 complete: Lieutenant-Trap