Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Hyperion Soldier is a member of the Hyperion recon team.
The Hyperion Soldier is a highly mobile unit who seeks cover when attacked and fights with SMGs, or combat rifles and can throw grenades. Hyperion Soldiers wear leg and forearm armor, like Hyperion Heavy Gunners, with the addition of shoulder plates. Hyperion Soldiers can appear wearing either a balaclava or a helmet that resembles a gas mask while all Hyperion Guards wear the helmet.
Tactically, Hyperion Soldiers will seek cover once they sustain heavy fire. They will often run to low obstructions and will use these for cover while fighting, and crouch behind them when they need to reload. Soldiers wear armor plating that makes them immune to arm and upper leg shots. Corrosive weaponry is highly effective against Soldiers.
- Sighting an enemy
- "Hyperion troops attack!"
- "Hands on your head!"
- "On my mark!"
- "You're no match for Hyperion technology!"
- "On your knees!"
- "Drop the weapon!"
- "One step closer and you will be shot!"
- "Hyperion soldiers. Engage the enemy!"
- "Hyperion thanks you for your undying cooperation."
- "In your face!"
- "Thats gotta hurt!"
- "Hyperion Corporation values your input. Does this hurt?"
- "Stand down! I have superior training and tech!"
- "Hyperion Corporation regrets any grief or suffering your death may cause."
- "You will comply!"
- "Please don't let this... "incident"... affect your buying decisions."
- "You made me bleed my own blood."
- "Do you really want to hurt me?"
- "I'm...I'm hurt bad!"
- "I'm bleeding!"
- Sighting a grenade
- "I die for Hyperion!"
- "The academy didn't train me for this part."
- "I wasn't all that I could be."
- Hyperion Soldiers have different names in each of the three difficulty levels:
- Playthrough 1: Soldier
- Playthrough 2: Sergeant
- Playthrough 2 complete: Lieutenant
- The quote, "You made me bleed my own blood." is a reference to The Simpsons where Bart hits Nelson and Nelson says, "You made me bleed my own blood."
- The quote, "I wasn't all I could be," is a reference to the slogan, "Be all that you can be," used by the United States Army for its recruitment campaigns.
- The quote Thank you! May I have another? is a reference to the movie National Lampoon's Animal House.
- The quote, "Stand down! I have superior training and tech!" is a reference to the Brotherhood of Steel from Fallout 3, who when engaging enemies will sometimes yell "You are facing superior weapons and training, submit!"