StubThis article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
Infinite Loop is an optional mission available in Research and Development.
- “The hardest decision a vault hunter ever makes... which insane AI personality to shut down in the name of glory and shiny things?”
- Investigate computer problem
- Find restraining bolt
- Pick up restraining bolt
- Bring back restraining bolt
- Override CLAP-9000
- Override DAN-TRP
The Vault Hunters must travel to Automated Weapons Production section of the Research and Development where DAN-TRP and CLAP-9000 are found arguing which weapon should be produced next. Jack requests the Vault Hunters to pick up the restraining bolt from a console located in the far northern corner of the Robotics Durability and Adaptability Research section. Once the restraining bolt is acquired, a choice has to be made:
- putting the restraining bolt on DAN-TRP means the mission is turned in to CLAP-9000 for which the Snowball grenade is rewarded.
- putting the restraining bolt on CLAP-9000 means the mission is turned in to DAN-TRP for which the Mining Laser laser is rewarded.
- "No one stands between a Vault Hunter and their loot."
Turn In: CLAP-9000 or DAN-TRP
- Restraining Bolt - "For restraining CL4P-TP units. Not as kinky as it sounds."
- The names of the two Claptrap units in this side mission (CLAP-9000 and DAN-TRP) as well as their behaviors and speech mannerisms reference two famous artificial intelligences: HAL-9000 from the movie 2001: A Space Odysee and SHODAN from the System Shock video games.