Sometimes, I forget to reload.
|Element:||Shock, Incendiary, Corrosive, or None|
|Special Part(s): |
The Infinity is a Legendary Pistol manufactured by Vladof. It is only available in Borderlands 2. The Infinity can be obtained randomly from any loot source, but has an increased chance to drop from Doc Mercy located in Three Horns - Valley.
Special Weapon Effects
It's closer than you think! (no it isn't) – Does not consume ammunition. Shots fired form a fixed lemniscate (∞) pattern, ignoring normal recoil behavior. Increased accuracy when aiming down the sights.
Usage & Description
The Infinity is widely regarded as one of the rarest, most powerful weapons in Borderlands 2. The Infinity is very versatile, and can be used as a fallback when low on ammo, or as a primary weapon for use in prolonged combat. Its lemniscate pattern can take some getting used to, but may work in its favor as it cancels out muzzle climb completely. This, along with its high rate of fire and the fact that it does not consume ammunition, makes it a viable weapon one should always consider when planning their layout.
- Having even one rank in Gaige's Smaller, Lighter, Faster skill causes the Infinity's magazine size to go down by one leaving a magazine size of 0 and making it unusable. Having more than one rank in this trait does not lower the magazine size below 0. This affects all 1 bullet magazines in the game, not just limited to the Infinity.
- Because the magazine is perpetually full, every shot is eligible for the 0ne Sh0t 0ne Kill damage bonuses. This also works for the Cooking Up Trouble allowing constant health regeneration.
- The lemniscate (∞) firing pattern and infinite ammo make the Infinity a very useful backup weapon against Hyperion Loaders, as their eyes and shoulders lie within the pattern, allowing for a high number of critical hits in a short time without much aiming involved.
- Having a point invested in the skill Keep Firing... hikes this weapon's fire rate up to incredible levels while Gunzerking due to the lack of reloading.
- Support Sirens can put the Infinity to good use when crippled. If any team companion is reviving you and at least one point is invested in Restoration you can indefinitely shoot to keep him alive even in harsh situations.
- This weapon has a unique design: a lemniscate (infinity symbol (∞)) on its barrel.
- The Infinity shares part of its special effect with The Dove from the original Borderlands.
- The flavor text is a reference to Stephen King's short story The Jaunt.
- While the Infinity has a higher chance to drop from Doc Mercy, its drop chance is still only 0.07%, which is one of lowest legendary drop chances in the game.