Sometimes, I forget to reload.
|Element:||Shock, Incendiary, Corrosive, or None|
|Special Part(s): |
The Infinity is a legendary pistol manufactured by Vladof. It is only available in Borderlands 2. The Infinity can be obtained randomly from any loot source, but has an increased chance to drop from Doc Mercy located in Three Horns - Valley as well as Gold Golem located in Mines of Avarice.
Special Weapon Effects
It's closer than you think! (no it isn't) – Does not consume ammunition. Shots fired form a fixed lemniscate (∞) pattern, ignoring normal recoil behavior. Increased accuracy when aiming down the sights.
Usage & Description
The Infinity is very versatile, and can be used as a fallback weapon at times when ammunition is running low, or as a primary weapon for use in prolonged combat. Its lemniscate pattern can take some getting used to, but may work in its favor as it cancels out muzzle climb completely.
- Patch 1.7.0 (released 26th November 2013) increased the drop rate of Infinity across all playthrough modes.
- Because the magazine is perpetually full, every shot is eligible for the 0ne Sh0t 0ne Kill damage bonuses. This also works for Cooking Up Trouble allowing constant health regeneration.
- The Infinity can spawn with the "Dva" prefix, which on other Vladof weapons indicates it will fire two rounds per shot. However, the corresponding Dva accessory used by the Infinity is actually a special version which only has a 1-in-4 chance of generating a second bullet when fired.
- The lemniscate (∞) firing pattern and infinite ammo make the Infinity a very useful backup weapon against Hyperion loaders, as their eyes and shoulders lie within the pattern, allowing for a high number of critical hits in a short time with minimal aiming. This also hurts usage in other areas, ranged attacks will be difficult and upon smaller enemies, such as rats.
- Support Sirens can put the Infinity to good use when crippled. If any team companion is reviving Maya and at least one point is invested in Restoration she can shoot indefinitely to help keep the reviving character alive.
- Although the Infinity does not consume ammunition, it does not function with 0 ammunition, and must have at least one round of pistol ammo in characters' reserves. Having even one rank in Gaige's Smaller, Lighter, Faster skill reduces the Infinity's magazine size to 0, making it unusable. Having more than one rank in this trait does not lower the magazine size below 0. This will also occur if Gaige equips a Punk class mod. However, this can be overcome by equipping a Necromancer class mod with a "Neutral" prefix.
- Because it does not reload, the Infinity is very useful for a Gaige when a player has already accumulated a high level of anarchy and wants to make sure that they do not lose it.
- Under the benefits of Blood-Filled Guns, it is possible for Krieg to reload the Infinity, bringing the number of bullets in the magazine up to the boosted level. The Infinity will not use up the additional ammo in the magazine, and the magazine will return to normal when the effect ends. This has no beneficial effect.
- Gunzerkers are able to get Money Shot to proc using a specific glitch which requires their ammo count to be at 0.
- Aiming down sights or hip-firing will make the lemniscate firing pattern.
- This weapon has the same effect as the original "Borderlands" Repeater pistol The Dove.
- This weapon has a unique design: a lemniscate (infinity symbol (∞)) on its barrel.
- The flavor text is a reference to Stephen King's short story The Jaunt.
- A SHiFT code which grants a single Dva Infinity is included with the Diamond Plate Loot Chest. Its card caption reads "How did Vladof manage to make a gun that can fire bullets infinitely? Easy. They used... like... Vault-juice. Or something. Shut up."