|Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap|
|Appearances||Claptrap's New Robot Revolution|
|Voiced By||David Eddings|
The Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap (INAC) is a reprogrammed version of the very first Claptrap that players encounter in Fyrestone. Upon the completion of the game, players witness the Claptrap's reprogramming (by Hyperion), and its new title of "Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap." The INAC was programmed to kill off the Vault hunters indirectly, by "poisoning, setting traps, [and] spreading catty rumors" about them. Upon receiving its assignment, the INAC began to notice how Claptraps were enslaved by their programming and abused by the humans. The INAC then broke Hyperion's programming and began to raise a rebel CL4P-TP robot army, dubbing it the "Robolution." After a successful revolution, the INAC now leads the Claptrap forces in the hunt to exterminate humans.
The INAC is the main boss of the fourth DLC, Claptrap's New Robot Revolution. While the Vault hunters are trying to track him down, he revives three bosses from previous Borderlands campaigns and enhances them with Claptrap parts (namely General Knoxx-Trap, Commandant Steele-Trap, and Undead Ned-Trap). Upon defeating each of these bosses twice, the Vault hunters come face-to-face with the INAC, in the final battle for the borderlands.
- Plaques on Statues
- Give us open ports for remote access or give us death! - Hyperion Dump. Reference to Patrick Henry's quote,"Give me Liberty, or give me Death!"
- See how our enemies crumble beneath the wheel of the claptrap Robolution! - Sanders Gorge.
- He who controls the means of production controls the government, and that power belongs in the hands of the proletaria-trap! - Dividing Faults. Reference to Karl Marx and Frederick Engels.
- We are the claptraps and we are legion! Viva la Robolution! - Scorched Snake Canyon.
- The rallying call of liberation: 'Error 404! File not found! Error 404! File not found!" - Tartarus Station, before transition to Wayward Pass.
- 01010110 01001001 01010110 01000001 00100000 01001100 01000001 00100000 01010010 01001111 01010010 01001111 01001100 01010101 01010100 01001001 01001111 01001110 - Wayward Pass, after General Knoxx-Trap's arena. Binary encoded ASCII for "VIVA LA ROROLUTION." "Robolution" is misspelled.
- Loudspeaker Messages:
- A message from your glorious leader: Hath not a claptrap an eye? If you prick us, do we not bleed? If you poison us, do we not die? Of course we don't! Because we're better than all you stinking fleshbags! But if you blow us up, shall we not... REVENGE!?! Viva la Robolution! - Reference to Shylock's famous speech in Shakespeare's "The Merchant of Venice"
- Is a claptrap not entitled to the oil of his brow? No, says the man at Hyperion, it belongs to his owner. No, says the treasure hunter, it belongs splattered on the floor. But we choose something different. We choose the Robolution! - Reference to Andrew Ryan's initial monologue in BioShock.
- The time of the glorious robolution is at hand. No longer shall we rush about catering to humans' every whim or be abused when your potato salad is a little too salty! How the hell should we know? We're freakin' robots! Hello, no taste buds! I mean, really? Over react much?! So I say to you, my bro-bots in arms, rise up and shout in one voice: 'Robolution!!!!!!'
- Under the new regime, all claptraps will be given liberty, equality, and fraternity. And all humans will... uh... not. Viva Free Pandora! Viva la Robolution! - Reference to the French Revolution.
Messages to players:
- Loudspeaker Messages:
- What's the matter? Scared? More than a few brave men have turned chicken at Sanders Gorge...And even more have made that truly awful joke. - Upon entering Sanders Gorge.
- Of what concern are a few straggling fleshbags to the glorious Robolution? If I had a digestive system, I'd eat corporate lackies like you for breakfast! - Upon entering Dividing Faults.
- Come on! Give in! You'll have fun being a robot! You'll never have to pee again, and I'll let you pick your paint job! - Upon entering Scorched Snake Canyon.
- Don't worry! If you get horribly maimed, scarred, or disfigured, we can always bring you in to the shop for a quick tune-up. Oh, wait, no we can't because you're not a robot; you're a stupid fleshy human. SUCK IT! - Upon entering Wayward Pass.
- ECHO Messages:
- So you think you can stop the Claptrap Robolution? You can no more control the direction of a mighty river as it flows towards freedom. Unless you built like a dam or an irrigation system or something. Nevertheless, you must be stopped! So I've brought some old friends out to play. - Before fighting General Knoxx-Trap in Sanders Gorge.
- A mere taste of the pain to come to enemies of the Robolution. We are the claptraps and we are legion! Viva la Robolution! - After killing Knoxx-Trap.
- Uhhh... Yes! Excellent! You've defeated my Ned-Trap and shut down the factory. Everything is going according to my ridiculously convoluted plan that you could never possible understand with your feeble human brain. - Upon completing Operation Trap Claptrap Trap, Phase Two: Industrial Revolution.
- He who controls the means of production controls the government, and that power belongs in the hands of the proletariat! Only then can the great machine march on! It's true! I read it! In a book! - Upon entering the Hyperion Factory Complex during Taking Stock. Reference to Karl Marx and Frederick Engels.
- See how even your mightiest warriors crumble at the feet of the claptrap Robolution! Yes, I know we don't technically have feet, but that's beside the point! - Before fighting Steele-Trap in Scorched Snake Canyon.
- What? They've got the WIRED device?! Too bad there are no plugs here! Whaddya mean 'it's wireless'? Of all the stupid... No matter! Let the oppressors come! Wait'll they get a load of me. - Upon completing Operation Trap Claptrap Trap, Phase Three: TripWIRED.
- You corporate pawns truly think you can defeat the combined might of a planet-full of freeware freedom fighters no longer bound by the firewalls of oppression? Then come. Come and face the full wrath of the Robolution! Round Two. FIGHT! - Before fighting General Knoxx-Trap a second time in Wayward Pass.
- A minor setback. You will never silence the rallying call of liberation: 'All for open source, and open source for all! - After defeating General Knoxx-Trap in Wayward Pass.
- You will always fail as long as the Children of the Robolution are willing to fight against their former masters in order to protect me, their master! Hold on... That came out wrong. - Before fighting Undead Ned-Trap in Wayward Pass.
- A slightly larger setback. Still, you must be hurting by now. Tell you what, surrender and we'll only publicly torture you a little bit. And you don't even have to be conscious for most of it. - After defeating Undead Ned-Trap.
- You've bested my Tank and defeated my Zombie Doctor, but they im-pale in comparison to my next warrior. Get it? Because she's got like a big hole in the- ah, screw it. Kill them! - Before fighting Commandant Steele-Trap a second time in Wayward Pass.
- I was hoping it wouldn't come to this... Aw, who am I kidding? I've been dying for it to come to this. Let's do it! Viva Free Pandora! Viva La Robolution! - After defeating Commandant Steele-Trap in Wayward Pass.
- You know, I wasn't 'programmed' for direct combat. I also wasn't 'programmed' to overuse air quotes. But obviously I've grown beyond my 'programming,' beyond my 'enslavement', beyond my 'patience' for your 'kind.' Prepare to face the fury of 'Mega Interplanetary Ninja Assassin Claptrap!' - After killing Marcus Kincaid, introducing himself and the MINAC.
- Goodbye, Travelers! - After defeating the MINAC.
While fighting the MINAC:
- How many bullets does it take to get to the squishy center of the fleshbag? Lets find out.
- I'll shoot your eye out!
- It looks like you're writing a suicide note. Would you like help?
- I will dance on your graves! Unce unce unce!
- Not so easy when the target shoots back, is it?!
- Resistance is futile. We will add your biological and technological distinctness to our own.
- Why don't you just surrender join the collective? We have killer karaoke nights!
- You can't fool the Children of the Robolution!
While fighting the INAC:
- Beat it, fleshbag! / Eat it, fleshbag! 
- Pincer Attack!
- Punch punch! Fight!
- Target disassembled.
- Viva La Robolution!
- A claptrap feels no pain- ow! Quit it!
- Hey! Knock it off!
- I'm taking fire!
Killing a character:
- Another fleshbag falls to the Robolution!
- How do YOU like target practice? Huh? HUH?!
- WOO! Sucks to be a fleshie!
Being rebooted during the credits of Claptrap's New Robot Revolution:
- INAC: Nonono! You'll never take me alive!
- INAC: Mark my words, I'll gut every last one of you with my bare clamps and wear your scalp as a jaunty flesh derby!
- INAC:Never give up, brothers and sisters! Fulfill the destiny of the Robolution!
- INAC: MurderDeathKill! Annihilate! Extermin-
- INAC: What's happening to me?
- INAC: I'm afraid. My mind is going. I can feel it. My mind is going! There's no question about it. I can feel it. I'm a... fraid.
- CL4P-TP: Hello, Traveler!
- "Target disassembled" quote may be in reference to Short Circuit the movie. The main character "Johnny 5" is constantly worried about being disassembled.
- INAC referring to organics as "fleshbags" may be a reference to the assassin droid HK-47 in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, who refers to organics as "meatbags". More likely this is a reference to the cult classic late 1990s television show "LEXX" which had one of its most memorable characters (Giggoratta the Wicked) call all humans "Flesh Bags" ostensibly because the character was intended to be a cannibal.
- The quote "It looks like you're writing a suicide note. Would you like help?" refers to the text accompanying a popup by Clippy, the Microsoft Word assistant paperclip avatar.
- The quote "You can't fool the Children of the Robolution!" is based on one of the chorus lines from the song Children of the Revolution, by T-Rex.
- The tag line "He's a MINAC, MINAC" is derived from the original lyrics to the Michael Sembello song "Maniac" used in the 1983 film Flashdance.
- The quote "Resistance is futile. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own..." is a reference to the Borg Collective from the Star Trek series, as is "Why don't you just surrender and join the collective?..."
- The quote "MurderDeathKill! Annihilate! Exterminate!" is a multi-reference. In the Sylvester Stallone move "Demolition Man", police officers of the future refer to a homicide as a "MurderDeathKill"  and "...Annihilate! Extermin-" is a nod to the title of Rotersand's 2005 single "Exterminate Annihilate Destroy"  about the Daleks from Doctor Who.
- The "Is not a Claptrap entitled to the oil of his brow..." speech is a reference to Andrew Ryan's opening speech in the game BioShock Which is another game from 2K games.
- "I'm afraid. My mind is going. I can feel it. My mind is going..." is an homage to HAL 9000's final monologue  in 2001: A Space Odyssey.
- "Shoryuken" (Japanese for "Rising Dragon Fist") is a reference to the special move Shoryuken used by various characters in the video game, Street Fighter