It's a Trap... Clap is an optional mission in Claptrap's New Robot Revolution from the Claptrap Rescue series. It becomes available only after Operation Trap Claptrap Trap, Phase One and runs in the Tartarus Station location.
- "Aww, that poor helpless claptrap is in need of repair. Find a toolbox and fix him up. He's just a little wee one. What harm could he do?"
- Repair the damaged claptrap.
- Repair kit
In Tartarus Station, near the entrance to the Dividing Faults, there is a large arrow sign pointing over the railing. The Claptrap is on the ground roughly where the arrow points. Access the claptrap, follow the mission marker up the stairs to the Repair Kit located nearby, return to the claptrap, and spring the trap.
The enclosure gate shuts when the trap is sprung, locking characters in with the claptrap. The "rescued" claptrap will make a brief monologue before more claptraps appear on the nearby cliff to the East/Southeast, jumping down to join in the attack.
Once these are dispatched, the mission marker will lead to a nearby access panel to turn in the mission. There will also be a red chest next to it.
- "You took out that devious claptrap and you learned a valuable lesson: Never help anyone but yourself."
- Text of Repair Kit item: This looks like it might have what you need to repair the claptrap.
- The pretending claptrap's speech is as follows:
Haha! You fell for the old 'pretend to be broken to play on the pathetic humans' sense of sympathy only to leap out and ambush them making them feel stupid and foolish' trick!
- The access panel that offers the reward is marked with a Bounty Board icon on the map.
- The "It's a Trap..." first stated by Admiral Ackbar, subsequently tuned into an internet memethrough repeated use of the term.
- The "injured" Claptrap's rambling speech about knowing a little song, then singing "Daisy Bell," is a reference to the scene in "2001: A Space Odyssey" where Dave Bowman shuts down HAL the computer. This is itself a reference by director Stanley Kubrick to the first song sung by a computer in the late 50s or early 60s.
- A character won't be rewarded with a Backpack SDU on this mission if Playthrough 2 has been completed, like the Playthrough 2 "Claptrap Rescue: The Lumber Yard" mission, unless turned in on someone else hosting Playthrough 2.