|Jaynistown: Cleaning Up Your Mess|
|Location||Rust Commons East|
|Given By||Helena Pierce|
|Rewards||13391 XP, $20062|
|Previous||Jaynistown: Unintended Consequences|
|Next||Another Piece Of The Puzzle (story mission),|
|Mission Type||Story mission|
- Taylor Kobb killed
- Claptrap talked to
- "An idiot Vault Hunter follows the direction of an insane archeologist, and the result is disaster. Jaynis was no angel, but under Taylor's rule, Jaynistown is a greater threat than ever. You caused this mess, so you can clean it up by killing Taylor Kobb. If reaching the Trash Coast is so blasted important, his hacked Claptrap should allow you to pass once he's dead."
It is immediately apparent that a series of Gatling Turrets have sprung up in "Taylortown". They can be destroyed from various covered positions with a sniper rifle or corrosive/explosive weapon and destroying them promptly before entering the town is always a beneficial way to proceed. Bandits can, and will, crawl out of doorways, potentially catching intruders by surprise, so be on the lookout for new arrivals to the conflict at all times.
Once the town has been sufficiently cleared of bandits, the next stage is an open gate leading into an area with a large rock and a clifftop building. Two Rocket Turrets will emerge from the roof of the building as intruders approach, and two Bruisers will spawn along with Taylor Kobb. Another bandit or two may also spawn nearby when the bruisers appear.
After taking cover from the Rocket Turrets, the next concern is usually the Bruisers. Since they will most likely approach to close range, lie in wait with a good, close-quarters weapon and take them out as quickly as possible. Once they're down, focus on the turrets. There are opportunities to shoot them between rocket volleys, although note that once in range of the turret Taylor himself will also be adding his own rocket attacks from ground level. Corrosive weapons are highly recommended against the turrets as their pauses between attacks will allow attackers to take cover during rocket salvoes while still dealing damage.
When the turrets are destroyed it becomes much easier to deal with Taylor. Since he will most likely be shooting rockets nearly non-stop, popping up and lining up critical shots can be tricky. Instead, try to provide a distraction with a grenade (or, as Roland, by deploying a turret) and then closing the distance between you and Taylor. At close range, his rocket launcher's effectiveness drops considerably. Keep running circles around him and laying into him with powerful close-quarters weapons until he goes down.
He drops The Roaster upon death, which deals high fire damage and often shoots multiple rockets at once. There is also a red chest to be looted at the top of the stairs behind him. Once Taylortown has been looted and explored, head back to where Taylor was first met and turn the mission in to Taylor's Claptrap.
Alternately, Taylor can be sniped in complete safety from the bridge before the town. Also, the turrets can be sniped from the stairway platform just outside the town wall entrance. Also there is a stairway just outside the entrance to Taylor's area. The stairway leads up to a platform that is a very good vantage point to deal with the bandits as well as Taylor from relative safety. The location can quickly be reached by sprinting into the entrance of "Taylortown" and turning immediately to the left. Several bandits and psychos will spawn but are easily sniped from the platform. Once the bandits are clear and Taylor has turned up one of the turrets will be in sight from the platform. The turret can easily be destroyed by peaking around the wall since the turret and other enemies in the area will not be able to get a clear shot. Finally, by moving to the opposite end of the platform Taylor will quickly come into view and can be easily dispached by sniping or using a scoped machine gun. From this location the brusiers will simply shoot the covered fence and the other turret will fire harmlessly into the wall or a close-by tree. Once Taylor is dead you can mop-up everyone else with relative ease.
- "With Taylor Kobb dead, his hacked Claptrap should have reverted to his original programming. He should be willing to open the passage to the Trash Coast now."
- When the Claptrap is talked to after Kobb is dead, it says, "Without a master I have two options. I can listen to you move your disgusting meat flaps... OR... I could stick an electrode up my back panel and call it paradise. I will comply with what you need, then get out of my scan range."
- The following missions will be available once Jaynistown: Cleaning Up Your Mess is complete:
- In co-op mode, if the host talks to the claptrap (turn-in), all party members will receive the follow-up quest Another Piece Of The Puzzle, even if they have completed the story line mission already. Effectively unlocking the Hidden Basement again.
- After finishing Kobb, you can recover the two items on the rooftops of the buildings just below Kobb's shed by climbing the stairs up to the shed, then sprinting at an angle toward each building and jumping at just the right time.