A stampede in your pocket.
|Special Part(s): |
Special Weapon Effects
The gun of the Bulls. – Extremely high burst-fire count. Bullet pattern is similar to the Lascaux cave paintings (see Trivia below). Can never carry an elemental effect and always spawns with a Double projectile mod and +100% Recoil Reduction.
Usage & Description
The Lascaux is an unusually powerful unique weapon for two reasons. First is that it uses one ammo count to fire two bullets, effectively giving it a rate of fire of 14.2-16.0 and twice its listed capacity. This is useful especially in close quarters where its high fire rate will ravage targets even without making critical hits. Second, it has an unusually high fire rate with 9 to 14 rounds in burst fire mode, which means when zoomed in, one pull of the trigger will fire 18 to 28 bullets. Most other Dahl guns have at most 5 rounds in a burst, and the number of rounds in burst fire mode is fixed. Although the Lascaux has no muzzle climb, its firing pattern has a relatively large spread and makes it inaccurate beyond mid-range.
- Gaige can make effective use of the Lascaux with Close Enough, allowing the random firing pattern to shred targets from behind.
- The Lascaux is a good weapon choice for Gaige if she's focused on the Anarchy tree, as accuracy won't matter and the combined times for unloading and reloading magazines are relatively short.
- The Lascaux may be acquired at any time, but will not scale to the character's level during Normal Mode or while the story plot is in progress in True Vault Hunter Mode.
- The Lascaux is very useful if picked up during early levels as it can put out a large amount of damage in a short period of time.
- Occasionally two Lascauxs will spawn, and very rarely up to five can spawn together.
- A Lascaux will spawn every time Frostburn Canyon is entered. Exiting and entering it repeatedly will spawn multiple Lascauxs in succession.
- This weapon dropped from Warlord Turge on Day 26 of the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt. A hotfix on that day increased the stability of the Lascaux and all other Dahl submachine guns.
- Lascaux is a cave system in France, famous for its well-preserved palaeolithic paintings of dun horses, Aurochs, and Megaloceros. Further reference can be inferred from the effect description ('The gun of the Bulls.'): Aurochs are an extinct predecessor to the domesticated cow.