It all made sense up until Box.
|Special Part(s): |
|[Logan's Gun Variants]|
Special Weapon Effects
Gun, Gunner! – Always incendiary. Rounds explode once on contact, then continue traveling if they have not struck an inert surface (wall, ground, etc). Once they strike an inert surface there is a small delay, followed by a small second explosion. Rounds qualify as rockets for the purposes of shield absorption.
Usage & Description
The weapon is a variant of the Hyperion Vision with a standard Hyperion barrel, though functionally it is an E-tech Spiker with an added penetration ability. Unlike a standard Spiker, the rounds from Logan's Gun explode instantly on contact, making it less difficult to use since there is no delay before finding out if a round has actually hit or not.
Shots fired that hit enemies will do normal damage to them; however, upon hitting a surface, the projectile detonates three times in rapid succession, dealing the weapon's damage on each explosion. Because of this property, Logan's Gun is, counterintuitively, most effective when aiming for the ground under an enemy. It can also be used to lay down damaging walls of fire on the ground that can hit quicker enemies like Psychos or Stalkers.
- If used with an Absorb Shield, when shot at the ground the Logan's Gun can replenish up to four rockets per shot, making extended use of rocket launchers much more practical.
- If spawned with the Redundant or Dynamic prefix, one shot will create 4 explosions, making this gun much more deadly.
- A hotfix on 10/23/13 increased the magazine size and accuracy recovery of the Logan's Gun and all other Hyperion pistols as part of the Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt.
- Dropped by Dukino's Mom on Day 23 of the Borderlands 2 Loot Hunt. A hotfix on that day increased the damage and the radius for secondary explosions.
- Sometimes the shots that pierce enemies will not do any damage, and the gun has to be aimed at an enemies feet to do damage from the explosions that the gun generates. These explosions however, do receive damage bonuses from Amplify Shields.
- A Dynamic Logan's Gun is included in the Diamond Plate Loot Chest. The caption on the item card reads "Who needs an E-tech pistol when you've got this?"
- Both the flavor text and the name of the weapon refer to the novel and movie Logan's Run; the flavor text is a reference to the line "Run, Runner!", while the name of the gun is a play on the title.