It all made sense up until Box.
|Game:||Borderlands 2 |
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
|Special Part(s): |
|[Logan's Gun Variants]|
Special Weapon Effects
Gun, Gunner! – Always incendiary. Rounds explode once on contact, then continue traveling if they have not struck an inert surface (wall, ground, etc). Once they strike an inert surface there is a small delay, followed by a small second explosion. Rounds qualify as rockets for the purposes of shield absorption.
Usage & Description
The weapon is a variant of the Hyperion Vision with a standard Hyperion barrel, though functionally it is an E-tech Spiker with an added penetration ability. Unlike a standard Spiker, the rounds from Logan's Gun explode instantly on contact, making it less difficult to use since there is no delay before finding out if a round has actually hit or not.
Shots fired that hit enemies will do normal damage to them; however, upon hitting a surface, the projectile detonates three times in rapid succession, dealing the weapon's damage on each explosion. Because of this property, Logan's Gun is, counterintuitively, most effective when aiming for the ground under an enemy. It can also be used to lay down damaging walls of fire on the ground that can hit quick enemies.
- If Logan's Gun is used with an Absorb Shield, it can replenish up to four rockets per shot if fired at the ground, making extended use of rocket launchers much more practical.
- If Logan's Gun spawns with the Redundant or Dynamic prefix, one shot will create four explosions.
- A hotfix on 10/23/13 increased the magazine size and accuracy recovery of the Logan's Gun and all other Hyperion pistols as part of the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt.
- Logan's Gun was dropped by Dukino's Mom on Day 23 of the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt. A hotfix on that day increased the damage and the radius for secondary explosions.
- Sometimes the shots that pierce enemies will not do any damage, and the gun has to be aimed at an enemy's feet to do damage from the explosions that the gun generates.
- The explosions from Logan's Gun receive damage bonuses from Amplify Shields.
- A Dynamic Logan's Gun is included in the Diamond Plate Loot Chest. The caption on the item card reads "Who needs an E-tech pistol when you've got this?"
- Both the flavor text and the name of the weapon refer to the novel and movie Logan's Run; the flavor text is a reference to the line "Run, Runner!", while the name of the gun is a play on the title.