Ceci n'est pas une boîte d'information
|Special Part(s): |
|[Longbow (sniper rifle) Variants]|
Special Weapon Effects
Ceci n'est pas une sniper rifle! – It fires slow moving projectiles shaped like arrows. Always incendiary. Always spawns without a scope. Even though it is an E-tech weapon, it only consumes one sniper bullet per shot.
Usage & Description
When auto-targeting is turned on in the options menu, the snap-to targeting places the arc of the Longbow's projectile immediately through a standard humanoid enemy's head. The key is to not correct an aim for the head as normal, but to fire center mass, which is where snap-to targeting places the reticle upon aiming down the sights.
- According to the Longbow's barrel part, SR_Barrel_Alien_Longbow, and the fins that expand when firing, the Longbow is an E-tech weapon despite the item card's Legendary coloration.
- The Longbow's projectiles are shaped like the arrows from the video game Minecraft.
- The flavor text ("Ceci n'est pas une sniper rifle!" [Lit. "This is not a Sniper Rifle"]) is a reference to Magritte's The Treachery of Images, a painting of a pipe with the words "Ceci n'est pas une pipe." written underneath in cursive lettering. The point of this painting was to demonstrate that it was not, in fact, a pipe but a painting of one. A similar reference was made in Minecraft. The game's menu splash text, "Ceci n'est pas une title screen!" translates to "This is not a title screen!".
- Like Hyperion pistols and all E-tech weapons, the Longbow features fins on the side of the gun that extend outward as the gun fires. When fully extended these fins resemble the arc of a bow or crossbow due to their placement and unusual size.
- Oddly enough, when fired, the Longbow does not make the usual E-tech sniper rifle firing sound, but the normal sniper rifle sound.