|Region||The Arid Badlands|
|Fast Travel||Lost Cave|
|Connections||The Arid Badlands|
The Lost Cave is a subterranean area, located in the centre of The Arid Badlands and location of the Shock Crystal Harvest mission. The other main highlight of The Lost Cave is a Claptrap in the middle of the cave system, offering the mission, Claptrap Rescue: The Lost Cave.
The Cave consists of mostly Skags, a few Larva Crab Worms and three Bandit outposts. The first encounter will be with four Larva Crabs, which should be quite easy for you. Then, there will be a "fork in the road". Going left takes you deeper into the cave system and fight some more crabs, while the right will be a fight with a group of Alpha Skags. Due to the fact that players have a lack of Corrosive or powerful equipment, it might be ignored, but there is a safespot that will fetch a good amount of XP.
When you finish the Alpha Skags on the right or take the left, continue to find the last set of Larva Crabs. There will be a split, with the left taking you to a variety of Skags (from Whelps to potentially Alpha elementals). If you go left, finish the Skags and check the red chest. Go to the left path for another chest and a saving point. Keep moving to reach the first Bandit outpost. Clear it and go left to open another chest and ammo box. Go to the next Bandit camp (it's right from the first one), clear it and loot the ammo boxes.
Keep going on the path and you'll face another set of Skags (usually up to Elders). Kill them and keep moving to face more Bandits, and loot the ammo boxes for the next fight. The last cavern is full of Alpha Skags, which may present a problem to a weak player. If you manage to kill them all though, you can go to the end of the cavern to loot two red chests.
- The crab worms present in the Lost Cave are exceptionally vulnerable to critical hits, yield high experience rewards, and respawn regularly, making this an excellent area to grind from about level 14 to level 19.
- Shock Crystal Harvest and the Claptrap rescue both need to be completed for Made in Fyrestone console achievement.
Points of Interest
- There is a Med Vendor and an Ammo Vendor near the entrance.
- Six red weapon chests throughout the Lost Cave.
- A New-U Station near the entrance offers Fast Travel capability.
- A damaged Claptrap is located in the second Bandit camp that awards a Backpack SDU (but no red chest).