Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Lost Cave is a subterranean area, located in the centre of The Arid Badlands and location of the Shock Crystal Harvest mission. The other main highlight of The Lost Cave is a Claptrap in the middle of the cave system, offering the mission, Claptrap Rescue: The Lost Cave.
The Cave consists of mostly skags, a few larva crab worms and two bandit outposts. The first encounter will be with four larva crabs. Then, there will be a fork in the road. The left branch heads deeper into the cave system and fight some more crabs, while the right will be a fight with a group of Alpha Skags. Due to lack of corrosive or powerful equipment early in the Borderlands campaign, it might be ignored, but there is a safespot that will aid in combat.
Deeper into the cave are a few more larva crab worms. Beyond them, and to the right is a red chest and a save point. To the left is a basic skag den, possibly containing alpha elemental skags. Further ahead a medium-sized bandit outpost hides a red chest down a left branch.
Another regular skag den is on the way to the final bandit outpost, proceeding deeper leads to a large cavern that is full of regular Alpha Skags. There are two red chests at the end of this cavern.
- The crab worms present in the Lost Cave are exceptionally vulnerable to critical hits, yield high experience rewards, and respawn regularly.
- Shock Crystal Harvest and the Claptrap rescue both need to be completed for Made in Fyrestone achievement.
Points of Interest
- There is a Med Vendor and an Ammo Vendor near the entrance.
- Six red weapon chests throughout the Lost Cave.
- A New-U Station near the entrance offers Fast Travel capability.
- A damaged Claptrap is located in the second Bandit camp that awards a Backpack SDU (but no red chest).