The Lost Cave is a subterranean area in Borderlands, located in the centre of The Arid Badlands and location of the Shock Crystal Harvest mission. The other main highlight of The Lost Cave is a Claptrap in the middle of the cave system, offering the mission, Claptrap Rescue: The Lost Cave.
The Cave consists of mostly skags, a few larva crab worms and two bandit outposts. The first encounter will be with four larva crabs. Then, there will be a fork in the road. The left branch heads deeper into the cave system and fight some more crabs, while the right will be a fight with a group of Alpha Skags. Due to lack of corrosive or powerful equipment early in the Borderlands campaign, it might be ignored, but there is a safespot that will aid in combat.
Deeper into the cave are a few more larva crab worms. Beyond them, and to the right is a red chest and a save point. To the left is a basic skag den, possibly containing alpha elemental skags. Further ahead a medium-sized bandit outpost hides a red chest down a left branch.
Another regular skag den is on the way to the final bandit outpost, proceeding deeper leads to a large cavern that is full of regular Alpha Skags. There are two red chests at the end of this cavern.
Points of Interest
- There is a Med Vendor and an Ammo Vendor near the entrance.
- Six red weapon chests throughout the Lost Cave.
- A New-U Station near the entrance offers Fast Travel capability.
- A damaged Claptrap is located in the first Bandit camp that awards a Backpack SDU (but no red chest).
- The crab worms present in the Lost Cave are exceptionally vulnerable to critical hits, yield high experience rewards, and respawn regularly.
- Shock Crystal Harvest and the Claptrap rescue both need to be completed for Made in Fyrestone achievement.