|Location||Lucky's Last Chance Watering Hole|
Lucky Zaford is the proprietor of Lucky's Last Chance Watering Hole. At some point in the past he allegedly "busted the girl parts" of Scooter's momma, which caused a bitter rift between the two and made Scooter want to kill him.
Bandits have invaded Lucky's bar and are holding the barman captive. Scooter grudgingly admits that Lucky's survival will afford the adventurers a great asset in the battles to come, and urges the Vault hunters to rescue the man. Scooter's ulterior motives also include keeping Lucky alive so Scooter himself can exact full revenge for Lucky's past transgressions.
Once freed, Lucky will offer several missions leading to Mad Mel.
Lucky offers the following missions:
- Lucky is the son of Mick Zaford, the head of the Zaford clan, and Scooter, being an ex-Hodunk, inadvertently triggered a clan war by killing him. According to Peter Zaford, the clan's Bagman and Lucky's brother, Scooter buried him alive in a shallow grave. The Zafords mourn Lucky's death annually by getting drunk.
- "Zaford" is a reference to the Gearbox developer Zach Ford, who was responsible for mission scripting.
- After being "freed" he will remain in his cell, sitting on the toilet. Interestingly enough, the cell isn't being secured by a lock. All that's keeping the door closed is a simple hinged bar that could easily be undone from the inside.
- Lucky is supposedly killed by Scooter in The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, although he still appears in his cell after Scooter tells the player of his death.
- In The Underdome there are several bandits buried with only their heads sticking out of dirt, still moving, among those heads is Lucky's. It is found in the section of The Underdome unlocked after beating the Prove Yourself mission.
- Lucky also owns a bar in Jakobs Cove, although it is inaccessible to the player and never mentioned in the plot.