"There will be no more "Draco" weapons in Borderlands 2"
|Special Part(s): |
|[Lyuda/White Death Variants]|
White Death is a Legendary Sniper Rifle in Borderlands 2 manufactured by Vladof. An unspecified patch changed the name of the White Death to Lyuda on both PS3 and PC. White Death is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Gettle located in The Dust.
Special Weapon Effects
Man Killer – Shoots one projectile that splits into three projectiles after a certain distance in a horizontal pattern. Each shot comes at the cost of one sniper bullet. Also sports increased critical hit damage and has a enhanced magazine capacity.
- An unspecified patch changed the name of the White Death sniper rifle to Lyuda. Gamers using an un-patched .sav file or gamers currently playing the Xbox 360 version may still find "White Death" rifles. Of note is the fact that the White Death's special parts are named _Lyudmila.
- "Lyuda" is a short form of Russian name "Lyudmila".
- The name of White Death is a reference to Simo Häyhä, a Finnish sniper who was called the White Death by the Red Army during the Winter War. He has the highest confirmed sniper kills, 505, of any sniper in history.
- The name of Lyuda refers to female Soviet sniper Lyudmila Pavlichenko, one of the most successful female snipers in history.
- When switched to an elemental version in first person the item card may display the wrong elemental effect chance, the true chance can be seen on the weapon card in your backpack.