StubThis article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
Or are you Unforgiven II?
|Game:||Borderlands 2 |
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
|Special Part(s): |
Monty's wife don't take no guff. – Shoots a 6 projectile spread at the price of 1 bullet.
Usage & Description
Due to the pellet spread, it is best used in close to medium range. Connecting with the full spread will do far more damage than a similar at-level Jakobs pistol. Maggie is extremely powerful and is capable of high damage output in close quarters. It is a viable shotgun substitute with a much tighter spread.
- If the Maggie spawns with the "Two Fer" accessory, there are 10 projectiles at the usual "Two fer" bullet cost of 2 per shot, even though it is not firing twice as many projectiles.
- The Maggie is effectively identical to the Masher type revolvers from Borderlands, although the Maggie fires one less pellet than the Masher.
- The enemy most likely to drop Maggie, Mick Zaford, can only be fought by siding with the Hodunks at the end of the Clan Wars mission arc. By doing so, players loses the ability to fight Jimbo & Tector Hodunk, who have an increased chance to drop the Slagga.
- The Maggie can be acquired together with the Slagga in one playthrough via use of the save and exit/continue strategy. This is done by only killing Mick Zaford after siding with the Hodunks, and retrieving the gun if it drops. The option to choose a side will be restored after restarting Borderlands 2.
- The name and red text are, unlike most legendary weapons, not a pop-culture reference, and instead draw from the in-game lore. "Monty" refers to Montgomery Jakobs, the founder of the Jakobs corporation; it can be inferred that Maggie was his wife and the gun may have been made for her.
- The Brady Games Borderlands guide titles it as "The Last of the Famous 'Masher' Line".