A marauder is an enemy featured in Borderlands 2. They typically fill the role of a basic bandit infantry unit equipped with small arms.
Marauder - Basic marauders rarely use shields, therefore making incendiary weapons very effective against them. They mainly carry pistols which will occasionally have an Elemental Damage effect. Sometimes, a marauder will pull out a knife and charge in close for a melee attack, similar to a psycho. They wear standard bandit clothing, albeit with minor differences based upon which clan they are from. Some wear sheets on their heads instead of the usual bandit masks.
- Marauders have different names for each difficulty level:
Killer Marauder - A stronger variant of the Marauder that is distinguished by the twin spikes above his mask and an increased self-preservation instinct. These marauders carry rifles, SMGs and sometimes shotguns. They are often (but not always) equipped with shields, so shock element weapons will be more effective at taking them down. Once their shields have been depleted, incendiary weapons are exceptionally effective.
- Killer Marauders have different names for each difficulty level:
Crazed Marauder - An even tougher variant with a physical appearance similar to that of a psycho. They usually wear shields and carry SMGs. Occasionally, they pull out a knife and charge in close to perform a melee strike, similar to that of a psycho. They are also very evasive and often dive roll and zig-zag their way out of the path of oncoming bullets. Incendiary weapons are highly effective against them.
These marauders are exclusive to the Bloodshot bandit clan, and will reside in Bloodshot-occupied areas, notably in their stronghold, ramparts, as well as in Southpaw Steam & Power and parts of the Three Horns valley and divide.
- Crazed Marauders have different names for each difficulty level:
Elite Marauder - The strongest non-Badass variant of the Marauder. These marauders are almost always equipped with a shield and often carry a shotgun and can lob grenades. They are very tough and evasive.
- Elite Marauders have different names for each difficulty level:
Scavenger - A Marauder variant that only appears in True Vault Hunter Mode. They can pick up dropped items, much like Rats. Upon dying, they will also drop everything they picked up.
Scavengers' names stay the same in TVHM and above.
Hodunk Grunt - This type of marauder can vary in appearance and fights for the Hodunk clan in the Clan War mission line. They appear during Clan War: Trailer Trashing and Clan War: Zafords vs. Hodunks. While not immediately obvious as a marauder, this unit type contributes to the "Marauder? I Hardly Knew 'Er" challenge when killed.
Hodunk Grunts' names stay the same throughout all difficulties.
Zaford Grunt - This type of marauder can vary in appearance and fights for the Zaford clan in the Clan War mission line. They appear during Clan War: Wakey Wakey and Clan War: Zafords vs. Hodunks. While not immediately obvious as a marauder, this unit type contributes to the "Marauder? I Hardly Knew 'Er" challenge when killed.
Zaford Grunts' names stay the same throughout all difficulties.
Badass Marauder - Marauders that wear pieces of old Crimson Lance armor, and are much tougher than standard Marauders, however they follow like tactics of their weaker counterparts and are very weak to headshots. They are much more likely to drop a higher tier weapon than a normal Marauder. In True Vault Hunter Mode they appear often equipped with Nova Shields.
- Shotty's been achin' for something to kill!
- Welcome to Pandora!
- You ain't getting out of this!
- Get ready to scream!
- You'll be screaming when I'm done!
- Uh, guys?
- Dunno who you are but die!
- I'm shooting at the right people yeah!?
- Maybe I'll finally get some respect!
- Yeah, die!
- I'm confused!
- You blow!
- I'm gonna-- Uh...
- Vault Hunters! Let's rip 'em!
- Maybe I'll still let you go!
- I'll blast you into chunks!
- I'll let my shotgun do the talk!
- I'm coming for you!
- Never should've come here!
- Time to die!
- Vault Hunters not welcome!
- Why won't you die?!
- New gun? For meee??
- Come on out, bitch!
- Shotty wants to say hi-iii!
- You're nothing! NOTHING!
- You lookin' at shotty? Don't look at my shotty!
- Die, Vault Hunter!
- You can't handle this!
- Finally, someone to kill!
- Finally, some murdering!
- You don't wanna see me when I'm angry! (Referencing the Hulk)
- You gonna cry baby?
- I won't kill ya! (laughs) I promise!
- Shotguuuuun rhinoplasty!
- You're not ready for me!
- I'm the one who knocks!
- Die!... I guess.
- I don't know what's going on!
- It's time for shotty's pound!
- Bucky wants to say hi to your face!
- How 'bout a faceful of buckshot?
- You're so stupid that um... bang bang!
- You can't handle me!
- Thank god, some action!
- You're even dumber than me!
- You're irritating me!
When taking orders from a Nomad
- Don't tell me what to do!
- What a dumbass order.
- Stupidest thing I've ever heard.
- Finally, a good idea!
- Way ahead of ya!
- Now why the hell would I wanna do that?
- How many should I throw? (When told to throw a grenade)
- Pull the pin, then throw, right? (When told to throw a grenade)
- It's grenade-o'clock! (When told to throw a grenade)
- Grenade? Hell yeah! (When told to throw a grenade)
When throwing a grenade
- Present for ya!
- Catch this with your mouth!
- Open wiiiiide!
- Go to hell!
- This is for you!
- Throwin' grenade!
- Grenade out!
- 'nade out!
When grenade is thrown
- That a grenade?
- Hey! Is that a grenade?!
- Aw, crap! Grenaaade!
- Look out shotty!
- Grenade. So what?
- I can handle the explosion!
- Is that what I think it is?
- 'Nade-- 'Naaade!!
- I can handle a grenade!
- That's the best you've got?
- Weird. Grenade.
- What's that?
- Huh. Grenade.
- What're you throwing rocks at me for?
- Why'd you throw that?
- What is this?
- No-- 'Nade!
- Oh, a grenade.
Taking critical hit
- Don't worry shotty, I'm fine.
- I've been shot in the face before!
- Lucky shot!
- Not a problem!
- You stupid son of a...!
- It's the headache!
- That was nothing, agh!
- Not the head!
- Screw you!
- Aw, hell!
- I don't think so!
- No more...!
- Cut it out!
- My face!
- Come on!
- Come on, bro...!
- You... jackhole!
- Oh, I'll pay you back for that!
- I think my organs are liquified...
- My guts feel like swiss cheese!
- This is not... goddamn possible...
- I can't feel my legs...!
- Hey! I kinda liked that guy!
- Whatsyourname! Noooo!!
- You have guts to be doing that to a bandit!
- Only I can shoot my friends!
- Nobody shoots my buddies but me!
- He had it comin'!
- Hey, I get his bunk now!
- Now I don't have to take orders from him anymore! (Nomad killed)
- Thank goodness, I was tired of getting orders! (Nomad killed)
- Boss? You still there? Boss?! (Nomad killed)
- Boss, they killed you! What do I do?! (Nomad killed)
- Why'd he stop giving orders? (Nomad killed)
- Where's the boss? (Nomad killed)
- Who's the boss? (Nomad killed)
- Can I be the boss now? (Nomad killed)
- I was gonna kill him later!
- Hey! I'm the one who was going to kill him!
- Ha ha! Remember when you killed him? That was funny!
- He's dead, I'm alive, sounds about right.
- Why'd he fall down?!
- Is he dead?!
- Why is everybody dying?!
- Did he just die?!
- Hey! Stop killing people!
- Meh, he was a dick.
- They killed one of us! That's bad, right?
- Hey, I was gonna kill that guy!
Elemental damage - Slag
- Guhh- Slag!
- It tastes like piss!
- Oh, it smells!
- It's in my hair!
- Bury me with shotty...
- I can't believe this...
- But... I'm so... cool...
- This does not conform to my reputation...
- But I'm a badass...
- You cheated...
- But... I had the bigger gun...
- I'm sorry... shotty...
- Uuuuuuuugh-ohgod-ohgod! (when killed with fire)
- I'm not done!
- Screw you!
- So... confused...
- What the... hell?
- You got... lucky... bro...
- I'm cold... so cold...
- Not worth it!
- Yeah, run away!
- W-where did you go?
- I'm staying back!
- Smartest thing you've done!