Marketing Borderlands for the masses has been a considerable effort on the part of various marketing and community relations personnel. Collected below are some the avenues used to reach out to the gaming community.
- Borderlands Official Site
- Borderlands 2 Official Site
- 2K Games
- Wubwub.eu European marketing site for Borderlands 2
Several game characters have essentially broken the "fourth wall" of Borderlands to appear as marketing tools for the game, or have been primarily a marketing vehicle with secondary appearances inside the game.
- Claptrap Web Series - A web series starring Claptrap and co-starring Steve.
- General Knoxx on Twitter - The antagonist of The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, featuring as a personality in his own right on Twitter.
- Gaige on Twitter - The first playable DLC character featured as a personality on Twitter.
- Hammerlock on Twitter - NPC Character Sir Hammerlock replaces Mister Torgue as a personality on Twitter.
- Mr.Torgue on Twitter - Mascot NPC for Mister Torgue's Campaign of Carnage replaces Gaige as a personality on the now shared twitter account.
- Krieg on Twitter- Krieg replaced Tiny Tina after his reveal trailer, posting just his mindless spouts and quotes.