Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Breaking my shield is the last mistake you'll ever make!
|Manufacturer:||Bandits and Scavs|
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
|[Maylay Shield Variants]|
Maylay Shields are a common shield type in Borderlands 2, manufactured by bandits, and in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, manufactured by scavs. The Maylay Shield is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source.
Usage & Description
Effectively the opposite of an Amplify Shield, a Maylay Shield has no special effects as long as it is charged, but as long as it is depleted it will grant the user a set amount of bonus roid damage to all of their melee attacks. To utilize this, the user must keep taking damage to reset recharge delay, as well as using other means to regenerate health lost from the damage.
As rarity increases, roid damage as well as shield recharge delay increases. This is the only shield that has a potentially negative bonus with rarity.
This shield may also come with a bonus perk of immunity to a given element.
- Roid Damage also enhances the damage of Maya's Phaselock.
- Three missions in the game offer a guaranteed Maylay shield reward.
- Roid damage also boosts the damage dealt by Krieg's Buzz Axe Rampage.
- Hide of Terramorphous - Legendary shield, a fusion of Maylay, Spike and Nova shields.
- Love Thumper - Unique shield with a gigantic delay and added explosive dammage to melee attacks.
- Order - Unique shield with special effects when paired with the Law.
- Pun-chee - Seraph shield with increased stats.
- The word "maylay" is another example of bandits' horrible misspelling. "Melee Shield" would be the appropriate name.