Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
"What can create a bullet hole... but isn't a bullet?"
- Head to Dr. Mercy's lair
- Find mysterious weapon
- Kill Dr. Mercy
- Search Dr. Mercy
The mission is obtained from Dr. Zed, in Sanctuary. The objective is to find Doc Mercy in Shock Fossil Cavern, and kill him to reveal the truth about his mysterious weapon and the wounds it has caused to his patients. The cavern is essentially a tunnel running right through a hill, and is lightly populated with bandits. At a junction in the middle is a third path leading up some stairs and Doc Mercy can be found concealed at the top.
Doc Mercy operates identically to a shielded nomad, despite his E-tech weapon. He is slow-moving enough to avoid, but his weapon is quite dangerous to lower level characters. He can be lured out of the cave where a vehicle can be used to run him over if he proves too difficult to kill. When his health is low enough, he will throw homing transfusion grenades at the Vault Hunter.
Once his E-tech gun is retrieved, Dr. Zed will ECHO some speculation about the weapon. When this is complete, a group of psychos will attack, which can be used to complete the next objective of killing bandits with the E-tech gun. The E-tech gun appears in the character's inventory and needs to be equipped in order to cross testing targets off the list.
- "You had one of your first brushes with E-tech. Things got pretty messy."
Turn In: Dr. Mercy
- Sometimes Doc Mercy's body will not be searchable after killing him. If this happens, leaving the zone and re-entering should allow the E-tech gun to be taken.
- The E-tech gun to be tested will be returned to Dr. Zed when the mission is turned in.
- Doc Mercy always wears a powerful nova shield, with varying elemental damage, as a deterrent against melee attacks.
- Sometimes kills in one of the Borderlands 2 DLCs will count as a kill for this mission even without using an E-tech gun.