StubThis article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
Mighty Morphin' is an optional mission in Borderlands 2 given by Sir Hammerlock in Sanctuary. He wants someone to go to Tundra Express and inject adult pods with a special injector, and study the results.
- Pick up mutated varkid sample
- Pick up mutated varkid samples: 0/4
When a pod is injected it creates a Mutated Badass Varkid instead of a regular varkid, which is a strong version of a varkid and can deal and resist corrosive damage. Sir Hammerlock remarks on how hideous the abomination is and requests that it then be killed. In order to study it further however, he then sets a task to repeat the process with four more varkids.
- "You've helped Sir Hammerlock realize that nature isn't always beautiful. Which would have been kind of poignant, had his immediate reaction not been "oh god kill all of them ew ew ew ew."
Turn In: Sir Hammerlock
- Mission Items:
- Evolutionary Injector - "Wield the power of Darwin in your hands!"
- Mutated Varkid Sample - "This used to be attached to a varkid. Now it is a mere inventory item, waiting to be picked up. Such is life."
- There is a bug that causes the Mutated Varkid to despawn if players move far enough away from it, causing the "Kill Mutated Varkid" objective to become unbeatable. Exiting Tundra Express, or reloading the game, should make subsequent pods interactive, thus allowing the mission to progress. The pods may not display as interactive, but using the action key on them will still spawn a mutant.
- The Mutated Badass Varkids give as much experience as Super Badass Varkids.
- It is possible to spawn several Mutated Badass Varkids, as long as the mutated varkid samples are not taken. This can be exploited to level up fast.