StubThis article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
Mighty Morphin' is an optional mission in Borderlands 2 given by Sir Hammerlock in Sanctuary. He wants someone to go to Tundra Express and inject adult pods with a special injector, and study the results.
"All living things are beautiful. Even the disgusting ones."
- Take evolutionary injector
- Find varkid
- Observe transformation
- Inject pod
- Kill mutated varkid
- Pick up mutated varkid sample
- Pick up mutated varkid samples: 0/4
After taking the injector from Sir Hammerlock, the next step is to find varkids. Although the default location is Tundra Express, the mission can be continued in Caustic Caverns as well as the Natural Selection Annex. When a larval or blood varkid changes to adult pod, interact with it. Once the pod is injected, it creates a Mutated Badass Varkid instead of a regular adult varkid, which is a strong version of a varkid and can deal and resist corrosive damage. Sir Hammerlock remarks on how hideous the abomination is and requests that it then be killed. In order to study it further however, he then sets a task to repeat the process with four more varkids.
If these enemies prove to be too hard to take down, a good place to fight them is inside the Varkid Ranch Observatory, past the "Caution" signboard. It is best to disable the electric fence then take out all the bandits in there first, although this step might not be necessary. The Mutated Badass Varkids cannot get inside the tunnel, while their ranged attack is blocked most of the time and is easy to dodge otherwise. When flying they can get past the entrance of the tunnel and will be clipping a little through the upper wall, but cannot get any further inside.
- "You've helped Sir Hammerlock realize that nature isn't always beautiful. Which would have been kind of poignant, had his immediate reaction not been "oh god kill all of them ew ew ew ew."
Turn In: Sir Hammerlock
- Mission Items:
- Evolutionary Injector - "Wield the power of Darwin in your hands!"
- Mutated Varkid Sample - "This used to be attached to a varkid. Now it is a mere inventory item, waiting to be picked up. Such is life."
- There is a bug that causes the Mutated Varkid to despawn if players move far enough away from it, causing the "Kill Mutated Varkid" objective to become unbeatable. Exiting Tundra Express, or reloading the game, should make subsequent pods interactive, thus allowing the mission to progress. The pods may not display as interactive, but using the action key on them will still spawn a mutant.
- The Mutated Badass Varkids give as much experience as Super Badass Varkids.
- It is possible to spawn several Mutated Badass Varkids, as long as the mutated varkid samples are not taken. This can be exploited to level up fast.