And yet I did...
|Special Part(s): |
|[Heart Breaker Variants]|
Special Weapon Effects
I don't want to set the world on fire... – Increased projectile count, fire rate, +50% critical hit damage boost, and always incendiary. Decreased damage and magazine size. Cannot spawn with a sight. Shoots in heart shaped pattern. Any inflicted damage returns health to the wielder (2% of damage).
Usage & Description
The Heart Breaker features an abnormally high projectile count to ammo cost ratio amongst shotguns, firing 10 pellets (12 with the foregrip) for only one ammo per shot (as opposed to most other shotguns, of which the best tend to have a ratio of around 1:6, 2:10 [equals 1:5], 3:14, or 4:18 [equals 2:9]). This, combined with its generous magazine size, fully automatic fire mode and critical hit damage boost give it an exceptional damage output for a Unique weapon, often surpassing even weapons of Legendary rarity.
Unlike other Hyperion shotguns, the fixed heart-shaped spread pattern does not become more accurate under prolongued fire, although it still gains the gradual recoil reduction. Its ability to heal the user whilst dealing damage makes it especially suited to tankier builds.
The main drawback of the Heart Breaker is its lack of versatility. Since it is always a fire elemental weapon, it loses much of its effectiveness against shielded or armoured enemies (although it becomes devestatingly effective against flesh). The fact that it cannot spawn with a sight may make it more difficult to use at longer ranges.
As with many other optional quest rewards, on your second playthrough it is often best to wait until you have completed the main story before taking this quest; doing so will scale all optional quests to level 50, including their rewards - such as this shotgun.
- The Heart Breaker has a standard critical damage boost (provided by its unique barrel) of +50% but it could spawn with a critical accessory, which would make for a 100% critical hit damage bonus, effectively making double damage for all critical hits, making this weapon even more devastating.
- The Heart Breaker can never spawn with a scope.
- A Shift Code for Valentines Day on February 14, 2013, unlocked new pink skins for each character, and placed a version of Miss Moxxi's Heart Breaker in the inventory of the first character to be loaded after the code was redeemed. This weapon was of the same level as the character that gained it.
- The weapon's full Title in the game files is "Miss Moxxi's Heart Breaker;" however, "Miss Moxxi's" is treated as a prefix by the game engine and can be replaced with other prefixes.
- The weapon's flavor text is a reference to The Ink Spots' 1941 song, "I Don't Want To Set the World On Fire", made famous to gamers by its inclusion in Fallout 3 by Bethesda Softworks.