"Mongols need laws. I will make them obey...even if I have to kill half of them."
|Element:||Shock, Incendiary, Corrosive, Slag, or Explosive|
|Game:||Borderlands 2 |
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
|Special Part(s): |
|[Mongol (Borderlands 2) Variants]|
The Mongol is a Legendary rocket launcher in Borderlands 2 manufactured by Vladof. Mongol is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Dukino's Mom located in Lynchwood.
Special Weapon Effects
The Horde will always return! – Fires a single large rocket that sporadically releases multiple smaller rockets at random angles along its flightpath.
Usage & Description
The Mongol is a variant of the Vanquisher and mirrors the effects of the Mongol in Borderlands. The Mongol balances its increased ammo consumption with the ability to inflict damage both in a single concentrated area, with its large initial projectile, as well as over a large area, with its spawned small rockets. Thus the Mongol can be used effectively against large targets, groups of enemies, and agile targets difficult to pin down with a single projectile.
- The initial projectile of an elemental Mongol carries the variants elemental effect but the spawned rockets remain explosive.
- The Mongol's item card states "Consumes reduced ammo per shot" followed by the unique descriptor "Just kidding, no it doesn't." The actual effect is that the Mongol uses two ammo per shot instead of every third shot using no ammo.
- A hotfix on Day 27 of the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt increased the damage and reload speed of the Mongol and all other Vladof Rocket Launchers.
- The Mongol is one of many weapons to be featured as a "returned-weapon" from Borderlands.
- The weapon's name and its unique effect references the tactic used by the Mongol warriors used to charge at their enemies before splitting and surrounding them.