It's Monster vs. Monster on Pandora!
|Title||Heavy attack transport|
|Armaments||Front: Machine gun|
Turret: Homing rocket launcher
|Structure||450 - 3510|
|Appearances||The Secret Armory of General Knoxx|
The Monster is a jeep/monster truck-like vehicle first introduced for player control in The Secret Armory of General Knoxx. It is created in-game during the mission Greasemonkey. It has two seats, a driver seat and a gunner seat. The Monster is also a much tougher vehicle than the Racer although its (the Monster's) running speed pales in comparison. It can, however, very easily outrun a Lancer, even without using the booster. The front-mounted co-axial machine gun has a lower rate of fire than the one mounted on the Outrunner. In terms of armor and speed the Monster is the mid-grade vehicle of the DLC.
The gunner seat is equipped with a single-shot rocket launcher that fires a single projectile that releases three homing missiles per shot. On the front is a machine gun similar to that of the Runner, but with a lower rate of fire. A notable difference, however, is that the Monster's features a front-mounted co-axial machine gun can turn 45 degrees from center to either side.
The nitrous boost on the Monster burns longer than the smaller vehicles, the Outrunner and the Racer. Due to the differences in boosted speed however, the Monster will cover about the same distance as the other vehicles when the full charge is drained.
- "Dirt Driver" - Tan
- "Happy Hunter" - Green
- "Hot Stuff" - Orange
- "Moxxi Mobile" - Pink
- "Night Rider" - Blue
- "Red Rover" - Red
- "Road Hazzard" - Yellow
- "Urban Commando" - Black
- A Monster can be commandeered by a bandit, at which point it becomes a Cheta Paw.
- Can only be obtained in The Secret Armory of General Knoxx.
- The Monster's homing missiles will only lock on to the nearest enemy.
- Mad Mel drives a modified Monster, adorned with pieces of skag skeleton to enhance its menacing appearance.
- The spelling of "Hazzard" in the Road Hazzard paint scheme imitates the name Hazzard County of the 1980s television show, "The Dukes of Hazzard".
- The Monster vehicle bears a resemblance to the truck driven by Humungus and Wez in the 1981 film "Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior." Humungus's truck has dual exhausts, nitrous, and the same large tires with the same driveline layout. The game version has cleaner body panels and the turret in place of the wing. 
- The co-axial machine gun sounds like a sniper rifle when fired.