Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
StubThis article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
Moonstone is a valuable mineral found on Elpis that is used as a form of currency in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. It can be dropped from slain enemies and bosses as either a single Moonstone, or as a four-piece Moonstone Cluster.
- Buying ammunition, bank and backpack SDUs at Crazy Earl's Black Market in Concordia.
- As an enhancer for Grinder recipes, guaranteeing the best possible outcome and occasionally gifting Luneshine effects to the produced weapon.
- A cost of 40 moonstones to open white Moonstone Chests.
- A cost of 20 moonstones (spread across 4 totems at the Vault's entrance in Eleseer) for each spawn of The Invincible Sentinel.
- A cost of 10 (Normal Mode) or 20 (True and Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode) moonstones to buy Moxx-tails (temporary buffs such as health/ammo regeneration, increased melee damage or reduced oxygen consumption) at Moxxi's Up Over Bar in Concordia.
- In comparison to Eridium, moonstone's equivalent in Borderlands 2, moonstone is dropped much more frequently, with most Badass enemies dropping at least 5 moonstones, and The Sentinel dropping on average 40-60.
- Possibly moonstones have extra-elpisian origin, because aside of mob drops and chests they are found only in meteorites (the large variety) — from single piece to several clusters, and not mentioned as being mined anywhere on the moon.
- It is not possible to collect Moonstones in excess of 500 per character.