"Right now, you're ranked fifty in the badass leaderboards, which puts you behind my grandma but ahead of a guy she gummed to death. IT TOOK SEVERAL HOURS." - Mr. Torgue
Mr. Torgue, originally from the planet Hephaestus, was raised by his grandmother after his parents were killed in an explosion in an Eridium mine, sparking his resolution to master the power of explosions. With facial hair and pectoral muscles at a very young age, Torgue was shy around girls in school and was made fun of for being different. Torgue's first explosive weapon (simply a Jakobs rifle with dynamite taped to the barrel) nearly killed him, and after several dozen tests, he finally succeeded in creating his first functioning weapon. He would later sell his designs and company to the Torgue board of executives for $12 and a high-five.
Having discovered a new Vault on Pandora buried in the Badass Crater of Badassitude that will only open "once the champion of Pandora feeds it the blood of the ultimate coward", Mr. Torgue set up his Campaign of Carnage as a tournament to find this champion and open the Vault. It is also revealed by Grandma Flexington that Torgue enjoys Bunkers & Badasses, and treasures his time with the vault-hunters deeply. He views them as his only true friends.
Although he features heavily in the Campaign of Carnage DLC, Torgue himself does not appear "in the flesh" except in the introductory movie. He instead communicates via ECHO from his "space-truck" in deep orbit around Pandora.
Mr. Torgue is featured in the DLC Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep in person, where it is revealed that "Mister Torgue" is his first name, and "Flexington" is his last. Grandma Flexington also mentions that "High-Five" is his middle name, following the Flexington tradition of using the grandfather's name as his middle name. He also admits to being an avid lover of Sci Fi, fantasy, unicorns, and *BLEEP* (in that order), and even breaks down in sobs when he is not allowed to play Bunkers & Badasses at first. Like Tina, he has a habit of making pointless quests for the Vault Hunters.
- Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage
- Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep
- The Horrible Hunger of the Ravenous Wattle Gobbler
- "DID YOU KNOW THAT NINETY-SEVEN PERCENT OF ALL LIVING THINGS ON PANDORA AREN'T EXPLODING RIGHT NOW? THAT'S BULLSH*T, BUY TORGUE!"
- "The following message from Mister Torgue does not reflect the opinions of the Torgue corporation itself. 'IF YOU DON'T BUY TORGUE GUNS YOU'RE RETARDED!' The previous message from Mister Torgue did not reflect the opinions of Torgue corporation itself."
- "--BOOOOOOOOORING! You don't wanna hear about that, Vault Hunter! You wanna hear about LOOT! AND PECS! AND EXPLOSIONS! I'm Torgue, and I am here to ask you one question, and one question only: EXPLOSIONS?!"
- "We here at the Torgue Corporation sincerely think that this is F*CKING AWESOME!!"
- "THAT SENTENCE HAD TOO MANY SYLLABLES! APOLOGIZE!"
- "Before you can enter the tournament, you must digitally sign our legal waiver."
- "Just kidding! F*CK THE LEGAL WAIVER! You're in TORGUE LAND now, sucker!"
- "Right now, you're ranked fifty in the badass leaderboards, which puts you behind my grandma but ahead of a guy she gummed to death. IT TOOK SEVERAL HOURS."
- "Also, you need a sponsor for MOTHAF*CKIN' LEGAL REASONS!"
- "You may have noticed that everyone here is trying to kill you, Torgue personnel included. YOU'RE WELCOME. I didn't want you to get bored so I was like, F*ck it, give everybody guns! We lost like half our workforce in three days, but who gives a F*CK!?"
- "I probably shoulda set you up with a sponsor beforehand but I am F*CKIN' DISORGANIZED AS SH*T and was busy suplexing a shark wearing a bolo tie when I should have been setting up sponsors. You may ask, "Who was wearing the bolo tie, you or the shark?" Answer: YES."
- "IS IT JUST ME OR DOES IT SEEM LIKE HE'S GONNA BETRAY THE F*CK OUTTA YOU!?"
- "Ladies and gentlemen, it looks like our next combatant has arrived! Does the Vault Hunter have what it takes to survive the Appetite for Destruction round? I think we all know the answer: MAAAAAAAYBEEEE!"
- "Also, you should treat Moxxi nice! NOTHING IS MORE BADASS THAN TREATING A WOMAN WITH RESPECT!"
- "If you're still alive, grab some ammo. If you're not, THIS MESSAGE IS IRRELEVANT!"
- "The Vault Hunter is going through bandits faster than a fat kid in a cookie store! NOW I WANT COOKIES!"
- "KIDS THESE DAYS AND THEIR CRAZY LANGUAGE AM I RIGHT!?"
- "IT'S TIME FOR A LOOOOOT-SPLOSION!"
- "THIS IS MISTER TORGUE SAYING THAT I AM REALLY HUNGRY. SOMEBODY BRING ME A SANDWICH! ... END OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT."
- "This fight reminds me of my dad! ALCOHOLISM DESTROYS FAMILIES!"
- "A LOT OF PEOPLE BEEN ASKING ME WHY MY VOICE BEEPS ALL THE F*CKIN TIME. THE TORGUE SHAREHOLDERS WIRED MY VOICEBOX WITH A DIGITAL CENSOR SO I CAN'T SAY STUFF LIKE SH*T, C*CK, OR P*SSY F*CKIN' D*CKBALLS! THATS HALF MY F*CKIN' VOCABULARY, IT'S GODDAMN BULLSH*T!"
- "BIG DEAL. I CAN USE INNUENDO TOO. TONIGHT'S FIGHT IS BETWEEN FLYBOY AND THE VAULT HUNTER...BLOWJOBS!"
- BY REGISTERING IN THE BADASS TOURNAMENT, YOU LEGALLY FORFEIT YOUR RIGHT TO CRY, EAT TOFU, OR WATCH MOVIES WHERE PEOPLE, KISS IN THE RAIN AND SH*T.
- "NOW GO BLOW SOME SH*T UP!"
- "MOTHERF*CKING' SEE YA!"
- "IF YOU DON'T COME BACK, IMMA BE PISSED!"
- "THANKS FOR BUYING OUR WARES, YOU BADASS MOTHERF*CKA!"
- "EXPLOSION NOISE! HERE!"
- "THAT'S WHAT I LIKE TO SEE!"
- "NOW YOU'RE A BADASS!"
- (Solo Air Guitar)
- "NOW GO PUNCH SOME BAD GUYS IN THE DICK!"
- "IT'S MISTER TORGUE! TINA, PUT ME IN THE GAME!"
- "WOO! FANTASY WOOOOOORRRRLD! So I'm a gatekeeper, huh? In that case, you gotta prove your badassitude to get past me! First task: blow up the village's scouting blimps with a fire weapon! BECAUSE -- REASONS!"
- "The blimps are too far away to destroy with gunfire! IT'S LIKE A PUZZLE!"
- "PUNCH HIM SO HARD HE EXPLODES!"
- "NEW MISSION! I want you to blow up... THE OCEAN!"
- "YOU DOING AWESOME WITH THAT QUEST? I BET YOU ARE!"
- "I just realized this is the first time we've met in person. YOU ARE VERY ATTRACTIVE!"
- "MY BACK MUSCLES ARE SO RIPPED YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW!"
- "MY CHEST IS HUGE!"
- "THIS POSITION IS REALLY UNCOMFORTABLE!"
- "THIS POSITION'S REALLY GOOD FOR THE GLUTES!"
- "YOU ARE TALKING TO THE MOST ELECTRIFYING MAN IN COMBAT ENTERTAINMENT!"
- "WE HAVEN'T TALKED FOR A WHILE! I'VE BEEN BUSY TRYING NOT TO GET KICKED OUTTA MY OWN COMPANY BY MY DOUCHEBAG SHAREHOLDERS! HOW'S STUFF GOIN' YOUR END?"
- Torgue has a soft spot for Whale Squids, referring to them as "Princes of the sea."
- The beep censoring of Mr. Torgue's swearing is apparently due to an alteration made to his voice itself. A random announcement from Mr. Torgue played in the Badass Crater area says, in part, "THE TORGUE SHAREHOLDERS WIRED MY VOICEBOX WITH A DIGITAL CENSOR SO I CAN'T SAY STUFF LIKE SH*T, C*CK, OR P*SSY-F*CKIN' D*CKBALLS. THAT'S LIKE HALF MY F*CKIN' VOCABULARY."
- Mr. Torgue's "space truck" is a reference to the Deep Purple song Space Truckin'.
- Mr. Torgue says he is 43 years old in an interview with/by Tiny Tina.
- According to a broadcast in Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage, Mr. Torgue paid for the entire Campaign of Carnage tournament all by himself.
- Mister Torgue's ECHO image suggests that he wears a Torgue-themed shirt/vest, however his in game model does not show this shirt/vest.
- It was revealed in a Gearbox interview that Mister Torgue is bisexual. 
- ↑ Interview with a Vault Hunter, Echo Recording 4
- ↑ http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/16/fight-for-your-loot-in-borderlands-2s-torgue-dlc