Chances of spawning a Cthulu-like raid boss at Unassuming Docks if all 4 values equipped are prime numbers: 0.0%
Special Item Effects
While I fight with thee, dear friend, all losses are restored and sorrows end. – Visual aura at wearers' feet that grows based on the number of players in game with the amulet equipped:
- No aura visible.
- White dust-like aura with hearts of variable sizes and shades of pink.
- Stars of white and yellow added, also of variable size.
- Pink flare effect is added, sometimes, random "Folk" music will start to play.
Usage & Description
The Amulet increases the "Friendship" statistic of the wearer by up to 7 points. This statistic is not seen prior to or outside of the Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep DLC, and is not an actual statistic tied to the game's internal mechanisms.
Due to the game's presentation of the Mysterious Amulet as being a highly coveted and invaluable item to possess, while remaining ambiguous on its actual usefulness, the Mysterious Amulet's potentially hidden effects have become a source of extensive debate. Effects (such as increasing the potency of a Pixie's buffs) have been speculated, but none are as of yet confirmed.
- The text on the amulet is a reference to William Shakespeare's Sonnet 30, the last two lines of which are "But if the while I think on thee, dear friend, All losses are restored and sorrows end."
- Upon acquiring the Amulet from Mr. Miz, he states "The secret lies in Fandir's grasp." The Striker shotgun's flavor text is "Fandir? Thirteen", however, no correlation beyond the mention of Fandir has been confirmed.
- The amulet may be a reference to the "Pendant" item in the game Dark Souls. The pendant in Dark Souls could be chosen as a starting gift, and bore the description "Trinket. No effect, but fond memories comfort travelers." After Hidetaka Miazaki, game director of Dark Souls, stated that it was the item he'd choose if he were starting a new character, players speculated for over a year what the Pendant's effect could be, only to learn that all of their searching was for nothing, as the Pendant had no hidden effects and was included in the game as a prank.