Necromancer is a common class mod for the Mechromancer, added in Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep and manufactured by Maliwan. The Necromancer class mod can only be obtained from treasure chests found within that DLC.
As will all class mods from Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep, the Necromancer class mod will grant two of the following bonuses up to the specified amount, depending on the full name of the class mod:
- Accuracy: +31% ("Lawful" in the name)
- Critical Damage: +45% ("Evil" in the name)
- Fire Rate: +31% ("Chaotic" in the name)
- Magazine Size: +73% ("True Neutral" in the name) or +45% ("Neutral" in the name)
- Reload Speed: +45% ("Good" in the name)
The "True Neutral" class mod grants two separate magazine size bonuses and thus will display them as a single bonus. All others will display two distinct bonuses.
The Necromancer (class mod) class mod will spawn with one of the following nine prefixes:
- Chaotic Evil
- Chaotic Good
- Chaotic Neutral
- Lawful Evil
- Lawful Good
- Lawful Neutral
- Neutral Evil
- Neutral Good
- True Neutral
Variants of the Necromancer class mod may grant the following bonuses up to:
- All "Good" variants of the Necromancer class mod are bugged, lengthening the time taken to reload rather than decreasing it.
- A hotfix issued July 9th, 2013 addresses this issue, changing "Good" COMs so that they reduce reload time. Because this is a hotfix, users must be connected to the internet when Borderlands 2 is started for it to be applied.
- All "Neutral" variants of the Necromancer class mod can be used to bypass Smaller, Lighter, Faster's negative rounding effect on single-round magazine guns such as the Infinity thus rendering them useable.