Special Weapon Effects
Octo means 9. – Fires 10 pellets in a 3x3 grid pattern with the centre left point missing, and with 2 of the points in the pattern receiving 2 pellets each. Pellets are slow moving and fly in a sine-wave pattern while leaving yellow orange trails.
Usage & Description
Unlike other shotguns, it remains effective at long range due to the unique projectile flight pattern. At close range however, it's outclassed by other shotguns because of its average stats. Rather than losing focus with increased range, it alternates between focused and unfocused instead. It is difficult to judge perfectly though, the optimal distances of the ranges where the shots are at their tightest.
- The Octo was dropped by the Sheriff of Lynchwood on Week 2, day 14 of the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt, along with the Fastball. A hotfix on that day increased the damage.
- In the presence of the Gentle accessory, the Octo fires 12 pellets, with 4 points in the grid pattern receiving 2 pellets each.
- The points in the grid pattern that receive 2 pellets vary from shot to shot.
- The Octo has a unique weapon skin depicting an octopus underwater.
- Octo is Latin for 8.
- At the release of Borderlands 2, the Octo fired only 8 pellets.