|Region||The Rust Commons East|
|Fast Travel||30-35 / 44-48|
|Connections||The Rust Commons East|
Old Haven is an abandoned settlement, now occupied by the Crimson Lance.
Old Haven was once a major city in The Rust Commons East which has since been overrun by bandits, causing the residents to flee to the settlement of New Haven. According to Patricia Tannis, those bandits were actually hired by Crimson Lance, although this employment was little more than a ruse. With no further use for the bandits, the Crimson Lance simply swooped in and killed them to a man. The Crimson Lance further uses the settlement as bait to lure unsuspecting bandits to their death with signal fires.
Brick reveals that when the Crimson Lance's general was killed (Commandant Steele), the soldiers either joined the Crimson Raiders in Sanctuary or join their fellow comrades in Old Haven. Roland and Lilith finally traveled to Old Haven and eliminated the last of the Crimson Lance
- Doorman Claptrap
- Broken Claptrap (Spawns after the doorman is rescued)
Weapon Crate Locations
- Main article: Old Haven: Weapon Crate Locations
- Claptrap Rescue: Old Haven
- Not Without My Claptrap
- Bandit Treasure: Three Corpses, Three Keys
- Bandit Treasure: X Marks the Spot
- Smoke Signals: Investigate Old Haven
- Smoke Signals: Shut Them Down
- Old Haven is the largest urban environment in the playable environment of Borderlands, containing over two dozen individual buildings of varying sizes.
- The Crimson Lance enemies here tend to have better loot drops than elsewhere on Pandora, making the area a prime location for farming. Additionally, the Lance here respawn indefinitely as characters move through the various parts of the map, allowing a player to make circles around the map and continuously farm without any transition screen loading time.
- The town has a powerful signaling beacon, which is put into use during the mission Hitching A Ride in The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned.
- Some of the dead bandit bodies have their fingers posed in comical positions near the entry. For example, one bandit near the execution wall at the entrance to the map has his middle finger up.
- The Claptrap here will occasionally spawn in such a way that he cannot be found, but his cries can be heard anyway.