Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Patch 1.4.2 is an opt-in stat-tracking update for the Steam version of Borderlands PC, implemented to provide Gearbox Software with data on how Borderlands is played. The intention behind this update is to use the gathered data to help tune and improve Gearbox Software's games.
Official Patch Notes
Borderlands PC 1.4.2 BTest Update Patch Notes (Steam Only)
Implemented new opt-in stat-tracking service, BTest, for Steam players.
- The result of ongoing work within Gearbox Labs, BTest is a limited-time experiment that offers you the chance to help us tune and improve our games.
- By choosing to participate in BTest, you help us learn more about the world of Borderlands (what guns are the most popular and effective, what areas are being played the most, etc.) just by playing the game!
- You will be able to compare your characters to your friends and other players throughout the world through the Gearbox Labs site.
> - For more information on BTest, visit http://labs.gearboxsoftware.com
Added new EULA and opt-in / opt-out menu choices for BTest functionality.
Save games now sync with Steam Cloud for remote backup
- The first time Borderlands booted with the BTest update applied, players were automatically prompted to participate in BTest.
- Players can toggle Data Collection on or off within the Options menu.
- BTest only works on the English Language Steam versions of Borderlands.
- BTest began on September 9, 2011 and ends on October 31, 2011.
- An update to the patch was added on the 14th of September, 2011. This was implemented to fix a crash bug experienced by some players of Borderlands, particularly those who had been using third party mods. Data collection had been disabled while Gearbox worked on the problem.