Phoenix is the Tier Four talent in Lilith's Elemental skill tree. Killing an enemy causes Lilith to deal +1 Fire damage-over-time to nearby enemies, and gives Lilith's shots a 5% chance not to cost ammo for a few seconds per rank. The fire damage is also modified by Lilith's character's level.
|Chance shots cost 0 ammo||+5%||+10%||+15%||+20%||+25%|
Additional levels may be acquired through the use of class mods.
|Chance shots cost 0 ammo||+30%||+35%||+40%||+45%|
The character's level further influences the skill's damage.
- The fire damage is dealt directly from the character to the enemies in the character's vicinity, but the fire may spread from one enemy to another if they are in close proximity to each other.
- The Phoenix effect is shown by flames around the bottom of the HUD and is visible to other players as fiery wings growing from the Phoenix-empowered character.
- Lilith cannot ignite enemies while Phasewalking. It is best to walk near enemies and allow them to catch fire before Phasewalking so they will burn while she heals. If Phoenix is active when Lilith exits Phasewalk, nearby enemies will ignite as they normally would.
- If using Phasewalk often, Phoenix combined with Radiance and a corrosive Artifact can produce multiple damage-over-time effects.
- A drawback of this skill is that the flames can partially obscure the screen and basically makes crouched sniping to a lower angle very difficult while active, if not impossible.
- Explosive barrels can pose a threat when this skill is active, as passing near them will cause them to detonate, causing damage to the character.
- Using Sledge's Shotgun, Lilith with rank 9 Phoenix will average 5 shots per burst, with reasonable experiences as high as eight shots (roughly 5% probability). A support gunner COM with magazine capacity from a friendly Roland greatly increases this.
- If this skill preserves the last round in a weapon's magazine, then Lilith will not automatically reload after she does finally expend that round.