"Sink me! Your tailors have betrayed you!"
|Element:||Incendiary, Shock, Corrosive, or Slag|
|Special Part(s): |
The Pimpernel is a unique aftermarket Maliwan sniper rifle that appears exclusively in Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty. Pimpernel is obtained from the mission Don't Copy That Floppy located in Washburne Refinery.
Special Weapon Effects
Sink me! – When the Pimpernel hits a surface or hitbox a second pellet moves vertical in a straight line and then splits into 5 separate pellets all with original card stats. These 5 pellets move out in an star pattern, hitting once at full damage and can then hit a second time at 50% damage. The distance from the first impact to the second impact depends on the velocity of the projectile.
Usage & Description
The Pimpernel is a Maliwan sniper with all the typical Maliwan sniper properties: 50% splash damage that gets Reaper buffs, but no grenade buffs and 100% critical hit buff. Unlike other snipers you do not shoot at the head or critical hit box of enemies. Instead you shoot below since the 5 extra pellets can all crit you want those to hit in the critical hitbox instead of the first impact. People call this a "Sweet Spot", and if you hit an enemy in a sweet spot the Pimpernel does up to 27 times it's card damage with out any other skills or gear to boost it. Very few guns in the game can match that 27 times buff with nothing to help it. The Pimpernel is has a learning curve to it but if you can master it very few guns in the game can compete with its performance.
- The full title of the weapon is "Captain Scarlett's Pimpernel", but the prefix will be overwritten if the weapon spawns with any accessory.
- If spawned with the "Gentleman's" prefix and with Slag element, the weapon will not list the additional 120% Critical Hit damage granted by the prefix, though it will still be applied.
- As they are not listed on the itemcard, each additional projectile (bomblet) will receive full amp damage from amplification shields.
- If the bullet ricochets to an enemy due to Gaige's Close Enough skill, the extra pellets will spawn from striking the enemy, and the original contact point.
- If used by a Gunzerker as the second gun while Gunzerking, it takes the element of the first gun unless it is explosive.
- The bomblets are affected by both Zer0's Vel0city and Maya's Accelerate, which will alter their deployment. In particular, this can make it more difficult to score multiple critical hits.
- A Pimpernel shot can proc B0re, allowing for even greater damage output with even a single hitbox present on a single enemy.
- With B0re, Chain Reaction, and Nth degree when these skills proc a new bullet is created and there for the second impact will apply again for each time these skills proc.
- The slag Pimpernel is one of, if not the best slag guns in the game. With a matching Maliwan grip it has a slag chance of 64.8% and since each pellet has splash you have 12 chances all at 64.8%. On top of that since the pellets arc outwards and can hit a second time you can slag other enemies near the first one and each of those hit will have 2 chances at 64.8% chance to be slagged. With Flicker the slag chance can be over 100%.
- In addition to the name referencing Captain Scarlett, the Pimpernel's barrel also bears her logo. There is no indication given as to why C3n50r807 possesses the Pimpernel.
- The name and flavor text of the gun is a reference to the fictional character The Scarlet Pimpernel, an English nobleman who saved French royalty from the Guillotine during the French Revolution, who occasionally exclaims "Sink me!".
- The energy ball distribution is in the pattern of a opening Anagallis arvensis (Scarlet pimpernel) flower, which only opens when the sun shines.