- "You have made it to Sanctuary. This would be awesome, were it not for the fact that the man you came here to find Roland, the leader of the Crimson Raiders went missing shortly before your arrival."
- Meet guard at gate
- Speak to town mechanic
- Pick up fuel cells: 0/2
- Take Eridium
- Install first fuel cell
- Install second fuel cell
- Buy something from Crazy Earl
- Install third fuel cell
- Help Scooter with plan B
- Talk to Crimson Raider
- Get key to Roland's Command Center
- Unlock Roland's Command Center
After access to Sanctuary has been granted, players are instructed to speak to Scooter, the city mechanic. He requests that two power cells be gathered from his shop and an additional one purchased from Crazy Earl, who runs the Black Market. Scooter will provide the eridium required for the purchase, and Earl gives the power cell with any purchase.
Buying an item from the Black Market will only be required on your first play-through in Normal Mode. In subsequent modes, the objective to buy the third power cell will be skipped, and it can be installed immediately.
The power cells are then taken to the center of Sanctuary and installed. After Scooter warns that "this city's gonna FLY!" the ground will rumble, but Scooter's "plan B" did not work as intended, and the ship's central engine stalled. The final step to complete this mission is to access the ECHO recorder in the command center to find out what Roland's message says.
- "Now that you've made it to Roland's headquarters, you should look around for any clues to his whereabouts."
Turn In: Roland's Command Center
- Main article: Plan B/Transcript
- Text of 'Command Center Key' item: A key to Sanctuary's archieves, where Roland built his command center.
- The actual Turn In object is a ECHO Recorder lying on the desk in Crimson Raiders HQ.
- The Black Market becomes available for use when this mission is complete.
- If all Eridium SDU upgrades are purchased previous to completing (or more aptly starting) Plan B on Normal Mode, progression may become impossible in a single player game.