"Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice. From what I've tasted of desireI hold with those who favor fire."
|Special Part(s): |
The Pyrophobia is a legendary rocket launcher of Maliwan manufacture in Borderlands 2. The Pyrophobia is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source but has an increased chance to drop from Incinerator Clayton located in Frostburn Canyon. As of T.K. Baha's Bloody Harvest, it also has an increased chance to drop from Clark the Combusted Cryptkeeper located in Hallowed Hollow.
Special Weapon Effects
It's actually a fairly rational fear in this case. – Always Incendiary. Projectiles explode multiple times mid-flight before hitting their target.
Usage & Description
Due to the nature of the projectile, the Pyrophobia is best used in closed areas or catwalks with several enemies in a line. Shooting just over or to the side of enemies will allow it to score hits on multiple enemies. Since the bullets are based on time, not distance, skills that increase projectile speed, such as Maya's Accelerate or Zer0's Vel0city will decrease the effectiveness of this weapon by causing it to have fewer explosions over the same distance. The Pyrophobia's skin features a charred appearance.
- The sight equipped to the Pyrophobia will also effect the performance of the launcher. A torque sight is beneficial, as it will greatly reduce the bullet speed, resulting in many more explosions over the same distance than a Pyrophobia equipped with a different sight.
- Pyrophobia is the irrational fear of fire or flame.
- The Pyrophobia is very similar to a legendary rocket launcher made by Maliwan in Borderlands, the Rhino.
- A hotfix on 10/28/13 increased the reload speed and elemental effect chance on the Pyrophobia and all other Maliwan rocket launchers as part of the Borderlands 2 $100,000 Loot Hunt.
- The flavor text refers to Robert Frost's poem "Fire and Ice".