"Prince, pray God that is Lord of all, Pardon your soul, for your time has come, Beat, pass! I fling you aslant, asprawl, Then..."
|Element:||Shock, Incendiary, Corrosive, Slag, or None|
|Game||Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty|
|Special Part(s): |
Special Weapon Effects
- As I end the refrain, thrust home. – Always spawns with a bladed attachment. Low damage for its level. +200% Melee Damage.
- Curse of the Porcelain Fist! – The user takes increased damage from Melee attacks.
Usage & Description
Rapier has the highest melee damage modifier in the game but otherwise it's an average Assault Rifle. It's a good choice for melee-focused characters such as Zero's Bloodshed builds. The drawback is something that can be easily managed, as incoming melee attacks (psychos, spidarants, skags...) can be easily avoided, and bullet damage to the user is not increased.
As a Mania-build Krieg, this weapon becomes even more useful--the devestating melee allows him to do heavy melee damage even outside of Buzz-Axe Rampage, and the 'porcelain fist' curse allows him to regenerate his action skill even more quickly than normal. As the mania tree puts very little stock in ranged attacks, excluding the thrown buzz-axes in Buzz-Axe Rampage, the fact that the gun itself is below-average is irrelevant.
That said, this is a niche weapon that outside mentioned scenarios is surpassed in every aspect by other weapons.
- The Rapier is one of the few weapons in Borderlands 2 which is not restricted to be able to spawn with just 1 accessory, instead, the Rapier always spawns with a unique bayonet attachment in the 2nd accessory slot; leaving the 1st slot open to all the other accessory variants. The regular bayonet attachment cannot spawn on slot 1 for more melee damage bonus.
- The Rapier can only spawn with either the Vladof or Torgue scopes or none at all.
- The quote is from the play Cyrano de Bergerac in which the title character mocks his opponent during a duel by composing a poem at the same time.