Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Special Weapon Effects
Careful... you might put someone's eye out. – Magazine Size of 20, high Fire Rate, reduced base damage, no scope.
Usage & Description
The Rider is a scopeless sniper rifle suitable for shooting near to mid-range targets. Due to its limited farming options, where it cannot be obtained beyond a narrow window of Playthrough 1 and Playthrough 2, it is frequently regarded as a poor choice of weapon.
- Found in the red weapons chest in the Hidden Basement.
- Cannot be obtained after the completion of Another Piece Of The Puzzle.
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EHj6zdMlLc (New Video added on 8/27/2011)
The Rider gets its effect from the Ryder_mag5 magazine, which is responsible for the increased fire rate and ammo capacity. All other aspects are defined by the predetermined parts: sight_none, body5, barrel2, and stock2. The only un-defined part of the Rider is accessory. The Rider is made of Ryder_Material, which has absolutely no modifiers. Please see stat modifiers for an explanation on how to interpret all of these modifiers.
|Accuracy Maximum: -50%|
Accuracy Regen Rate: -3
Clip Size: +15
Reload Speed: -50%
Fire Rate: +100%
Clip Size: +2
Reload Speed: -50%
Fire Rate: +21%
- This gun is a reference to A Christmas Story. The main protagonist, Ralphie, continually tells everyone that he wants a Red Ryder BB Gun, to which everyone (including Santa) responds, "You'll shoot your eye out."
- Aside from the pre-order "Mercenary Guns Pack" code, the Rider is the only weapon appearing in Borderlands that is manufactured by Gearbox. However, The Secret Armory of General Knoxx adds several more Gearbox-manufactured weapons.
- The various parts that compose the Rider in the weapon code have inconsistent spellings — some use "Rider", while others use "Ryder".