Rifle is the title of a group of common assault rifles manufactured by Dahl, Jakobs, Torgue, and Vladof. Every manufacturer which makes assault rifles can have rifles with this title, with the exception of Bandit, who use the title Mashine Gun.
They use the Vladof or Bandit barrels; in the case of Jakobs, having a Jakobs barrel also grants this title. The Rifle is obtained randomly from any suitable loot source.
Usage & Description
The Rifle can have hundreds of thousands of variants, but overall has a high rate of fire, decent accuracy, moderate reload speed, and minimal recoil. However, this can all point to companies. Dahl assault rifles tend to have excellent damage, optimal accuracy, and a moderate reload. However, the burst-fire effect can sometimes become a hassle in the heat of combat.
Jakobs assault rifles are highly powerful and very accurate, but often suffer from the semi-automatic effect associated with most Jakobs weapons; this issue is often reduced with Jakobs rifles that use the Dahl barrel.
Torgue rifles often sacrifice accuracy for damage, although this is somewhat compensated for by a large magazine size.
Vladof rifles often combine both advantages of accuracy and firepower, also having large magazines; an example being the Spinigun.
- Evil Smasher - Unique explosive assault rifle of Torgue manufacture with below par performance that has a small chance to enhance the power of the next magazine.
- Kitten - Unique assault rifle of Vladof manufacture that fires a pattern in the shape of a smiley face. This weapon is a reference to the cat of Alice in Wonderland.
- Rapier - Unique cursed assault rifle of Vladof manufacture with increased melee bonus, decreased bullet dammage and added vulnerability against melee attacks for the wielder.
- Seeker - Seraph explosive assault rifle of Torgue manufacture that fires homing rounds.
- The pre-order "Gearbox Gunpack" may include a Gearbox-manufactured Rifle, which identifies itself as being made by Vladof.
- One of the variants (combination of Dahl body and Vladof barrel) may have unique prefix (Double Tap) and fire 2 shots at the same time (2 round burst from each barrel when aimed)