Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
StubThis article is a stub. You can help Borderlands Wiki by expanding it.
Rising Action is the 9th chapter of the Borderlands 2 story.
- Remove power core
- Install Hyperion power core
- Go to center of town
- Cycle ignition primer 1
- Cycle ignition primer 3
- Pick up Eridium nuggets: 0/5
- Go to center of town
- Give Eridium to Lilith
- Leave Sanctuary
- Head towards The Fridge
At Lt. Davis's urging, a freshly acquired Hyperion power core is installed in the shield generator, but this proves to be a trap. The core catches Davis in an explosion and kills him before Angel reveals the deception was to shut down Sanctuary's shields and open the way for bombardment.
The only recourse is to get the city airborne, and to this end Scooter requests assistance with cycling two of the city's three ignition primers. Lilith's siren talents are also required, but before Roland can bring the Eridium she needs, one of the blasts hits the Crimson Raider headquarters, forcing any other Vault Hunters to make the run to the store room.
Once Lilith has the Eridium, she phases the entire city to a new location, but in doing so, her power also accidentally teleports the Vault Hunters to a location a short distance outside the Sanctuary walls. From there they must make their way overland to Sanctuary's new location, and to that they need to gain entry to The Fridge.
- "Sanctuary has disappeared.
Turn In: Three Horns Valley
- The orbital bombardment obliterates NPCs that it hits, but only does minor damage to player characters.
- The "Turn In" location is named as "Three Horns Valley", although the actual turn in point is a switch outside The Fridge.
- Mission Item: Eridium Nugget - "A small piece of Eridium. It's not worth much on the open market."
- During the bombardment on Sanctuary, NPCs may be seen using the Fast Travel in Pierce Station to escape the city.
- Players can also use the Fast Travel station, as well as leave Sanctuary through the gate to Three Horns - Divide. When outside Sanctuary however, it will appear undamaged. The lunar bombardment ship will also not be firing upon it.