"Why, I can make him say uncle - that is, if he's got an uncle."
|Element:||Shock, Incendiary, Corrosive, Slag|
|Mission Reward:||Rakkaholics Anonymous|
|Special Part(s): |
Special Weapon Effects
Whenever I'm caught between two evils, I take the one I've never tried. – Any damage dealt by the player while wielding the weapon heals them, at a rate of 12% of the damage inflicted.
Usage & Description
Wielding Rubi causes damage dealt by the wielder to restore an amount of their health relative to the damage inflicted. While the damage-to-health rate of other Moxxi weapons hovers around 2%, Rubi's effect is higher at 12%. Furthermore, this effect is not limited to damage inflicted directly by the gun. Status effect damage, melee damage, and even grenade damage inflicted while using the weapon will still heal Rubi's wielder. Combined with the right equipment and/or skills, Rubi can be used by any class to dramatically enhance survivability. Gunzerkers can hold Rubi in just one hand, allowing health regen to be a second priority, and having a high-powered weapon in the other, to maintain damage and survivability. Turret damage from Commandos does not count towards health regeneration.
- The weapon's full title in the game files is "Miss Moxxi's Rubi;" however, "Miss Moxxi's" is treated as a prefix by the game engine and can be replaced with other prefixes.
- Moxxi had originally lost Rubi sometime after the events of the Underdome; but Mordecai found and returned the gun.
- In The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, the player can visit Moxxi in her bar and see that she has an empty gun holster on her belt with the name Rubi embroidered on it.
- The red text is a famous quote from Mae West in the 1936 film Klondike Annie.
- There is a 1/32 chance of any Rubi variation to be generated (i.e. slag elemental Evisceration Rubi). With 0-7 possible accessories and 4 possible elemental types: (1/8) X (1/4) = 3.125% or a 1 in 32 chance.