ONLY A TORGUESPLOSION TENDERISES DRAGON MEAT PROPERLY!!!!!
|Special Part(s): |
Special Weapon Effects
Because Mister Torgue Said So. – Fires a single projectile in the shape of a sword which explodes upon impact, spawning three smaller swords, which also explode on impact (much like a MIRV grenade). Consumes 2 ammo per shot.
Usage & Description
The SWORDSPLOSION!!! is a powerful weapon which deals explosive damage. The slow projectiles may cause difficulty in scoring direct hits beyond short range, but the MIRV effect on impact allows it to remain useful at longer distances. The slow projectiles can be remedied with skills such as Zer0 's Vel0city and Maya 's Accelerate, as it is with most weapons with slow projectiles.
Continuing on with the above point, the SWORDSPLOSION!!! is a very accurate weapon, and with said skills it can easily increase it's range from short to mid range, making it far more versatile.
It is possible to have the child swords hit the enemy directly on impact if aimed at the right spot, inflicting such damage that even some of the strongest enemies can be killed with a single hit. This damage is drastically increased when using the "Casual" prefix, which adds two extra projectiles, tripling the damage.
- It can also spawn with the "Casual" prefix, which causes it to fire 3 swords instead of one.
- The "child" swords seem to be a combination of a sword and a grenade.
- Kills with the child projectiles count as grenade kills and will advance the Pull the Pin challenge.
- It can also spawn with the "Bad Touch" prefix, which increases melee damage, and also increases weapon zoom. It is unknown if this prefix has additional unlisted effects, like the ones posessed by the other Bad Touch weapons.
- The SWORDSPLOSION!!! is the first and only E-tech weapon to be manufactured by Torgue.
- The red text is a possible reference to the former WWF wrestler: 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin's catchphrase: 'Cause Stone Cold said so!'