Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Special Weapon Effects
Because Mister Torgue Said So. – Fires a single projectile in the shape of a sword which explodes upon impact, spawning three smaller swords, which also explode on impact (much like a MIRV grenade). Consumes 2 ammo per shot.
Usage & Description
The SWORDSPLOSION!!! is a powerful weapon which deals explosive damage. The slow projectiles may cause difficulty in scoring direct hits beyond short range, but the MIRV effect on impact allows it to remain useful at longer distances. The slow projectiles can be remedied with skills such as Zer0's Vel0city and Maya's Accelerate, as it is with most weapons with slow projectiles.
Continuing on with the above point, the SWORDSPLOSION!!! is a very accurate weapon, and with said skills it can easily increase its range from short to mid range, making it far more versatile.
It is possible to have the child swords hit the enemy directly on impact if aimed at the right spot, inflicting such damage that even some of the strongest enemies can be killed with a single hit. This damage is drastically increased when using the "Casual" prefix, which adds two extra projectiles, tripling the damage.
- It can spawn with the "Casual" prefix, which causes it to fire 3 swords instead of one for no extra ammunition.
- The "child" swords seem to be a combination of a sword and a grenade.
- Kills with the child projectiles count as grenade kills and will advance the Pull the Pin challenge.
- Absorb shields are not able to absorb the damage from the explosions, making it impossible to block the explosive damage unlike most rocket launchers.
- The SWORDSPLOSION!!! is the first and only E-tech weapon to be manufactured by Torgue.
- Mr Torgue asked Tiny Tina to add the extra abilities (the child swords and explosive element) onto the gun, explaining the red text.